Who got the Google TV2.0 update and where?

reidoreilly

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
This may sound dumb, but one thing that has just annoyed me is when you are using the PIP feature or have the tv in the background while looking at a menu or something with the sound playing that the audio will drop for a second when you go to restore the tv to fullscreen. For example I open up chrome to check something on a website with the tv going in PIP and you hear something you want to see and switch over to the TV but during the switch the sound goes out for 2-3 seconds and you miss part of it. I just hope they can find a way to keep the audio going for that.

AlphaBrav0

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Its 0545 in Gulfport Mississippi and no update found on my Sony tv NSX46GT1. Im a bit bummed cause I have read too many reports of people stating how great it is. :( :'(

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
How do you think tomorrow will be your day? The attached files says nothing about the planned roll-out.

The person didn't attach the correct screenshot, but there was a Sony support person saying by Nov 3 all Sony units should have received an update invitation.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have two Sony google TV units.. My 32 inch updated yesterday! My bluray player has yet to update to the new software which is in my living room... The 32 is in the play room! So I have no clue the logic behind the update!

GMoney749

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
So, the new Google TV software is very nice, much cleaner than it was before. I think the issue I have with it is that they're calling it "Honeycomb", and as somebody who owns an Android tablet with Honeycomb, it's nothing like it at all. It's much better than it was, but let's not get carried away.

Having Android Market access is nice, but there's not much in there. But, like I said, much nicer interface and it's seems a lot more settings. One thing that I really like is there's a setting that will allow you to play music (like Pandora) while you're in PIP mode. So I can watch a football game and listen to some music instead of the announcers on TV. Something I've been missing since I got rid of my Media Center PC.

The Media Player app is much nicer and plays all of my music and movies off my network. And the Photo app syncs with your Picasa account and pulls all of your pictures in off the web which is pretty cool.

I'm not sure about the new Movie/TV search thing. It's like what was already there, so you can see what movies and stuff are on TV, but it also pulls in shows that you can buy and rent, I THINK those are coming from Amazon VOD, but I'm not sure. It's a little confusing and, for example, I couldn't figure out how to find what sports were on, but it is a nicer interface. Just not sure what exactly is going on with it.

Overall, I like it much better. Just not sure it's a game-changer that's going to cause them to sell now.

flacojo32

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The person didn't attach the correct screenshot, but there was a Sony support person saying by Nov 3 all Sony units should have received an update invitation.
That would be nice if Sony could actually accomplish that. I would fear that many would be missed like us here in Ohio, where is our release Sony?

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Regarding the name "Honeycomb", the press releases say Google TV 2.0 (because you are right, it is nothing like a tablet).

Regarding search, it can now search the media player (if you turn it on in settings) and Amazon VOD and Netflix, which it could not before.

The possible game changer is if in the future, someone makes a killer app that adds something great that people want, you can now get that from the Market (unless you have a Revue, but it will get an update someday). That potential could increase sales.

AlphaBrav0

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about the screenshot. heres another. take a look at the bottom of the image. be patient, just got an email from my brother out in Anchorage saying he received his update for his blu ray player.:cool:

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I believe by tomorrow all google tv's should have the upgrade and then the Revue starts to get it. I do not believe there are a lot of people with google tv's, a lot of people do not even know what it is. Revue, there should not be many either. I think.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11