11-24-2011 11:01 AM
70 123
tools
    Media player had been greatly improved. I can stream everything now.
    Will it play Video_ts folders on a Windows Home Server?
    11-02-2011 05:50 AM
    I guess i just have to wait, maybe tomorrow will be my day, according to sony.
    11-02-2011 06:00 AM
    How do you think tomorrow will be your day? The attached files says nothing about the planned roll-out.
    11-02-2011 08:02 AM
    How do you think tomorrow will be your day? The attached files says nothing about the planned roll-out.
    The person didn't attach the correct screenshot, but there was a Sony support person saying by Nov 3 all Sony units should have received an update invitation.
    11-02-2011 08:48 AM
    I have two Sony google TV units.. My 32 inch updated yesterday! My bluray player has yet to update to the new software which is in my living room... The 32 is in the play room! So I have no clue the logic behind the update!
    11-02-2011 08:53 AM
    My update was waiting for me this morning on my 40" Sony TV. I'm in Wisconsin. I had no time to play with it though.

http://media.firstrule.net/u/200/mob...80530_orig.jpg

http://media.firstrule.net/u/200/mob...80608_orig.jpg
    11-02-2011 09:15 AM
    Mine update came up this morning for my revue, Colorado. So far it looks like a nice update. Things appear to be streamlined and cleaned up quite a bit
    So is this true or not so much? If true, we should try to get this guy to get the update.zip for the rest of us.
    11-02-2011 11:17 AM
    Still no update. Keep checking under settings put nothing yet
    11-02-2011 12:57 PM
    So, the new Google TV software is very nice, much cleaner than it was before. I think the issue I have with it is that they're calling it "Honeycomb", and as somebody who owns an Android tablet with Honeycomb, it's nothing like it at all. It's much better than it was, but let's not get carried away.

Having Android Market access is nice, but there's not much in there. But, like I said, much nicer interface and it's seems a lot more settings. One thing that I really like is there's a setting that will allow you to play music (like Pandora) while you're in PIP mode. So I can watch a football game and listen to some music instead of the announcers on TV. Something I've been missing since I got rid of my Media Center PC.

The Media Player app is much nicer and plays all of my music and movies off my network. And the Photo app syncs with your Picasa account and pulls all of your pictures in off the web which is pretty cool.

I'm not sure about the new Movie/TV search thing. It's like what was already there, so you can see what movies and stuff are on TV, but it also pulls in shows that you can buy and rent, I THINK those are coming from Amazon VOD, but I'm not sure. It's a little confusing and, for example, I couldn't figure out how to find what sports were on, but it is a nicer interface. Just not sure what exactly is going on with it.

Overall, I like it much better. Just not sure it's a game-changer that's going to cause them to sell now.
    11-02-2011 03:03 PM
    The person didn't attach the correct screenshot, but there was a Sony support person saying by Nov 3 all Sony units should have received an update invitation.
    That would be nice if Sony could actually accomplish that. I would fear that many would be missed like us here in Ohio, where is our release Sony?
    11-02-2011 03:43 PM
    Regarding the name "Honeycomb", the press releases say Google TV 2.0 (because you are right, it is nothing like a tablet).

Regarding search, it can now search the media player (if you turn it on in settings) and Amazon VOD and Netflix, which it could not before.

The possible game changer is if in the future, someone makes a killer app that adds something great that people want, you can now get that from the Market (unless you have a Revue, but it will get an update someday). That potential could increase sales.
    11-02-2011 04:14 PM
    So is this true or not so much? If true, we should try to get this guy to get the update.zip for the rest of us.
    Sony actually has the file on their support site but still says you have to wait for the OTA to get it...

Sony eSupport - NSZ-GT1 - News & Alerts
    11-02-2011 05:38 PM
    Sorry about the screenshot. heres another. take a look at the bottom of the image. be patient, just got an email from my brother out in Anchorage saying he received his update for his blu ray player.
    11-02-2011 05:40 PM
    I believe by tomorrow all google tv's should have the upgrade and then the Revue starts to get it. I do not believe there are a lot of people with google tv's, a lot of people do not even know what it is. Revue, there should not be many either. I think.
    11-02-2011 06:08 PM
    Upstate NY and no update yet for Sony Internet TV. I was hoping tonight but its not looking good so far.
    11-02-2011 07:02 PM
    Sony actually has the file on their support site but still says you have to wait for the OTA to get it...

Sony eSupport - NSZ-GT1 - News & Alerts
    Can this be installed via recovery menu

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    11-02-2011 07:11 PM
    Regarding the name "Honeycomb", the press releases say Google TV 2.0 (because you are right, it is nothing like a tablet).

Regarding search, it can now search the media player (if you turn it on in settings) and Amazon VOD and Netflix, which it could not before.

The possible game changer is if in the future, someone makes a killer app that adds something great that people want, you can now get that from the Market (unless you have a Revue, but it will get an update someday). That potential could increase sales.
    Yeah, but I know I've heard it called Honeycomb and there's even a honeycomb pattern as one of the stock wallpapers.

As far as the movies, my point was that there's a bunch of stuff in there, but it's not really clear until you actually select something and try to rent it, where exactly it's coming from. Not a big deal, maybe it's actually a good thing, but it's just a little confusing at first.

I bought my GTV the day it hit the shelves in the Sony store and would love to see it take off. I just don't have a ton of faith that someone is actually going to pick up the ball and make those killer apps. It's a chicken/egg thing; you need the apps to get the audience, and you need the audience to get the apps. And nobody is doing the work to properly market this thing.

We shall see.
    11-02-2011 08:07 PM
    My Sony InternetTV bluray had an update notice waiting for me this afternoon. Northern NJ.
    11-02-2011 10:54 PM
    Ok, I have to take back everything I said about the lack of apps. I'm not sure what I was looking at yesterday, but there are actually quite a few available.
    jrgoodlett likes this.
    11-02-2011 11:10 PM
    Cincinnati Ohio, just got it moments ago for the 32' Sony T.V. Time to play!
    11-03-2011 02:24 AM
    Dont know if this was mentioned before, so forgive me if it was. Anyone looking to force update your sony google tv should crash something in the OS and send a report to Google. I crashed Google Chrome and 5 minutes later my TV wanted to install the update. Give it a try and report back. Hopefully it wasnt just a coincidence.
    11-03-2011 02:36 AM
    Dont know if this was mentioned before, so forgive me if it was. Anyone looking to force update your sony google tv should crash something in the OS and send a report to Google. I crashed Google Chrome and 5 minutes later my TV wanted to install the update. Give it a try and report back. Hopefully it wasnt just a coincidence.
    no luck getting it to crash and still no update
    11-03-2011 03:07 AM
    Google TV update is being pushed in the south

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    11-03-2011 05:40 AM
    Finally! For those still waiting for their update, I did a factory reset and my update appeared at the setup menu. Also, I usually use wifi to connect to the web but for an update I used a Ethernet cord. Give it a shot!

myalover likes this.
    11-03-2011 06:16 AM
    Nothing here in PA yet

Finally! For those still waiting for their update, I did a factory reset and my update appeared at the setup menu. Also, I usually use wifi to connect to the web but for an update I used a Ethernet cord. Give it a shot!

I'm gonna have to give that a try when I get home today, thanks for the heads up
    AlphaBrav0 likes this.
    11-03-2011 08:17 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD