I know a lot of you have been waiting for this but the new TV optimized Plex app is in the market. Works pretty good for what I've tried,

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    11-02-2011 08:59 PM
    Plex blog announcement here: Plex
    11-04-2011 11:52 AM
    Tested it out last night and it worked pretty well.

One hang up for me (when comparing to Boxee) is it cannot recognize files that in a RAR format while Boxee can.

I also had problems with some mkv files not having sound. I didn't play enough to see what the common theme was though.
    11-04-2011 03:56 PM
    better to re-encode imo. even mkv's. a week's worth of re-encoding will make your plex server take up half the load it would on a regular basis, streams will start faster at higher bit rates.

And the android version needs all the help it can get. The layout is identical to iOS, the performance, isn't as good.
    01-01-2012 03:17 PM
    Kinda pissed me off that I'd have to buy another app to watch movies on my phone and tablet but the Google TV app is one of the best TV optimized apps I've seen so money well spent

Sent from my iPride 4G
    01-02-2012 09:32 PM
    Plexapp is working OK on my Revue except it doesn't seem to want to display most of my photos. It shows all the thumbnails properly but when I click on one I just get the big Plex > instead of the picture. Anyone else seeing this? All my movies seem to stream fine.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    01-04-2012 03:47 AM