Cannot access Android Market with 3.1

bkosh84

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had a problem with accessing the Android Market after they updated? I have reset my device to factory settings and everything and nothing has worked. All I have is a blank screen on my TV. I'll get the loading box on the bottom for about a minute then it goes away.

Reactions: mrmoto

deathbysnoosnoo

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't have that problem. If it makes you feel any better you aren't missing anything in the market. there is basically nothing in it. This update is a big let down.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else had a problem with accessing the Android Market after they updated? I have reset my device to factory settings and everything and nothing has worked. All I have is a blank screen on my TV. I'll get the loading box on the bottom for about a minute then it goes away.

I had to unplug and plug my revue like 3 times before it started working. Mine would say installing an app, but nothing would happen. It was annoying but now it seems to be working no problem.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Sarends

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I have two Revues - one in family room and one in bedroom. The bedroom revue received the update this am. The update went without a hitch. When I first clicked on MARKET it would not load (can't remember the error). I just went and played around a few more minutes and when I tried it again it worked. Also, the 1st time I tried to download an App (Google Music) it wouldn't install (again, I can't remember the message). However, I went back in a few minutes and proceeded to download Google Music plus 6 or 7 other apps, which all seem to work fine.

All in all I have been very happy with my two Revues and I have had a great 1st day experience with 3.1. WIth regards to value - I am trying hard to imagine what else I could have added to my home for $100 per setup to enable as much ease of use and new capabilities. :)

bkosh84

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I got it to open once (and I installed Google Music without a hitch) now I can't open it again but I am getting the error

"The Application Market (process com.google.tv.mango) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I have no clue what to do with this. I have done everything I can to get this to work and nothing has... Ugh!!!

bradvoy

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problems as Sarends described, but eventually the market started working. I'm not sure if it was just waiting a couple of hours or pulling the power cord a couple of times. But now that it's working my Revue is suddenly vastly more valuable to me. It is so nice to be able to open up apps on a big screen. In particular I like being able to pause a show and look up info on an actor using the IMDB app.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

felianna

May 24, 2012
Visit site
immediately i load it comes as an error has occurred and am asked to use google and i get this feedback "this could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data service:(

stonefeet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
this happens on mine, the only thing that would fix it was to change dns servers then it would work for a while then break again and i'd change dns servers again.

i was using google's then i changed to open dns servers and it hasn't quit working since, hopefully this new update to 3.2 fixes this.

mrmoto

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Here's open dns for anyone too lazy to Google ;-)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie