I just received the update, but do not see a way to rent movies via the Android Market? Am I missing something somewhere? Thanks
    12-12-2011 09:14 AM
    Curious too.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    12-14-2011 11:40 AM
    I am not sure about renting movies through the market, but the tab that says tv and movies has many movies that you can rent through Youtube or Amazon, albeit for $3.99 per movie.

I wish these companies would get their act together and lower the rental rates. Heck, you can get a DVD for $1 per day, so why are the companies that offer online downloads still charging the old brick and mortar rates of $3.99. I would even like it if they would lower it to $2 or something, but that it just my little rant.
    12-14-2011 12:19 PM
    I figured since the Android Market now has video rentals, you would figure they would make it available in the Market Update on the Revue.
    12-14-2011 12:30 PM
    I figured since the Android Market now has video rentals, you would figure they would make it available in the Market Update on the Revue.
    With a little more research, I found that the Android Market movies are offered through Youtube's Movie Rental.

So, with Google TV, they have separated it and actually given you two different options to rent from (for the same price as in the market option) at $3.99, one being Youtube's movie rentals, and the other being Amazon Instant Videos. The reason Amazon makes sense is if someone has a Amazon Prime subscription, it allows people to use that subscription to watch movies for free using Google TV that they normally would have to rent if going through Youtube's Movie Rental. Now of course, the selection of Amazon Prime movies are not really current (similar to Netflix), but it is still an option that is better than forcing people to only use the Youtube Movie Rental.

I think the separation within Google TV to show tv shows and movies for rent outside of the Market a good thing. Just one less button we need to click
    12-14-2011 03:08 PM
    Thanks Zman, I didn't even to think to look there.
    12-15-2011 03:02 PM
    I used to see youtube as a rental option in the tv and movies app but now it only shows the amazon rental option. Do you guys still see the youtube option?
    12-18-2011 12:37 AM
    I just went to YouTube.com, didnt look in tv and movies app
    12-21-2011 08:13 AM
    I took advantage of Google's recent 99 cent rentals (which should be the regular price for non-HD movie rentals, right?) and added a few to my list. But, like the OP, I couldn't see the best way to watch them. I ended up going to the market.android.com in Chrome, navigating to the Movies tab and pressing play from there. It opens a separate YouTube window with the movie that a quick Fullscreen click takes care of.

If you bookmark your rentals page, it will put a bookmark icon in the app drawer for quick access. That was my solution.

TJH
    12-21-2011 06:09 PM
    It would be nice if they would put that feature in the youtube app and the TV & Movies app. Having everything in one area is best.
    12-28-2011 07:31 PM
    I wish these companies would get their act together and lower the rental rates. Heck, you can get a DVD for $1 per day, so why are the companies that offer online downloads still charging the old brick and mortar rates of $3.99. I would even like it if they would lower it to $2 or something, but that it just my little rant.
    They probably figure they can get away with it since it's still less than the cable/satellite providers are charging. I agree, though. They would probably do way more volume if they were $1. But then their servers would likely crash!
    duddy23b likes this.
    01-09-2012 05:06 PM
    I agree with Netflix and Blockbuster just to name a few they ought to consider lower prices in order to gain more online viewers. Who knows it might become the next big frontier like direct TV did.
    01-10-2012 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD