Issues with Logitech Revue AFTER receiving Honeycomb?

CheddarBo

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I got my update Friday night and since then I've run into a few issues:

1. I used to stream hockey games through nhl's gamecenter on chrome. Now, I can still stream the game, for a while, and then chrome crashes(complaining of a shockwave plugin error), forcing me to restart chrome. Never did this before the update.

2. Had a strange problem last night where the audio (I use the optical out) was freaking out, i.e. kept flickering on/off insanely. I initially thought my stereo receive was fried but I eventually figured out the culprit was the Revue. I pulled the power on the Revue, waited a few moments, powered it back on and then all was well. . .Really weird.

I love the google TV, quite handy, love that I now have access to the (limited) market, but they need to address any of these quirks... or maybe I've got a lemon?
Anyone else having any anomalies since the upgrade?

rrivera192

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Got the update and it will no longer log on to my network. I've tried everything. Now it's useless. This has been a nightmare from the beginning.

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It seems we will have to get some type of update in order for Chrome to display videos correctly. I hope they do send an update soon, since this is annoying.

Only the YouTube app has worked good with Chrome. ESPN3 had issues, it stopped playing after less than 5 minutes, it displayed that Flash crashed.

Primed4nexus

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
sooo yea I got my update monday morning past the deadline logitech has given themselves and my Revue Update blew the big one and nothing worked...(it literally took the youtube player 7 minutes from when i hit play to when a picture loaded on screen and did not even play) I rebooted and I got got past the wireless issue, now this POS Revue is telling me there are no cable providers in my zip code ARE YOU KIDDING ME! ITS TELLING ME THIS WHEN IT WAS FINE BEFORE THE UPDATE AND TO TOP IT OFF, AS YOU CSN CLEARLY SEE IN THE PICTURE THAT IT IS TOO RECIEVING A SIGNAL FROM MY CABLE PROVIDER. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! this makes me so aggrevated
does anyone have any idea how to remedy this?

Alucardsyco

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
So my Revue got it's update this morning and all was going fine, it rebooted, and then it wanted by keyboard "controller" to get a update. I told it to run it and it said it failed because I had to have a wired and a wireless internet connection. So I told it to skip assuming I'd be able to do it later. I got through everything and was watching tv when I went to go to the guide... it didn't work. My keyboard stopped working as a tv remote. Guide, volume, tv inputs, none of it works. So if anyone figures out how to update the firmware to the keyboard please please let me know.

Primed4nexus

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
soo Ive now given up on my Revue...after my previous post I called Logitech support and guess what 47 minutes on hold then they disconnected the call... that was the last straw!

Im gonna pack it up put it back in the box and sell it so if anyone is interested let me know...

Im just gona wait til a REAL company that knows what they are doing when it comes to Android products like Samsung or Motorola release their Google tv products in 2012

lhowe2005

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Restart your router, then restart GTV.
I had the wireless problem right after the upgrade too. It was extremely frustrating since it had worked prior to the upgrade. After trying all of the various things others had suggested to do: reboot router, reset revue, use a static IP, etc., I tried the one thing I really didn't want to do because I knew it would be a pain and effect all of my other wireless devices... I changed my SSID to remove the spaces to make it one big word... and guess what, that worked! Wireless problem is now gone, and after a couple hours changing my other devices, especially difficult was my wireless bridge, I'm now working again all around. Haven't had much time to play with the new changes to the revue though. Maybe tomorrow... I hope this information helps someone else. GOOD LUCK!

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
So my Revue got it's update this morning and all was going fine, it rebooted, and then it wanted by keyboard "controller" to get a update. I told it to run it and it said it failed because I had to have a wired and a wireless internet connection. So I told it to skip assuming I'd be able to do it later. I got through everything and was watching tv when I went to go to the guide... it didn't work. My keyboard stopped working as a tv remote. Guide, volume, tv inputs, none of it works. So if anyone figures out how to update the firmware to the keyboard please please let me know.

Same here. If anyone figures thus out please share.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Right after my update was finished, the system auto-updated my keyboard firmware. So would click on the logitech help icon, and search for keyboard updates or something along those lines.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset and mine works flawlessly now. I had the same streaming and keyboard updating issues. You'll have to go through setup again but you'll be glad ya did

Sent from my iPride 4G

Alucardsyco

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset and mine works flawlessly now. I had the same streaming and keyboard updating issues. You'll have to go through setup again but you'll be glad ya did

Sent from my iPride 4G

I'm going to try this when I get home tonight. Will let everyone know how it goes.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Everyone that's having problems, if you haven't already (I only see a few that did), you need to reboot after the whole update process is comple. Not the reboot that it does automatically. Manual reboot (ctrl+alt+del). I was having a bunch of wierd problems, the after I rebooted everything was flawless. You may even have to reboot occasionally in the future to clear out the memory, just like with Android phones.

mikehoff99

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I hate Hate HATE the new Netflix setup on 3.1. I used to look at the Genre and scan for TV shows I have never seen before, But now I cannot do that. It shows the search on top, and it only shows 75 shows under each of the genres. Unless I know the name of the show, i am SOL.

Primed4nexus

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
My revue is just a large ever priced paper weight now... since the update, it tells me there are no cable providers in my zipcode meanwhile in the background of that screen it shows my cable feed..so Ive unplugged and packed it up for good. now Im just gonna wait for Samsung or Motorola's google tv devices

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech