I think I was just excited as the next guy. One of the first thing I did when I got back from a week vacation was to update my googleTV with the new HC update. After the update and installation of a few apps what did I do next.....

.... watch TV and go back to using GoogleTV as I did before the update.

I think GoogleTV was already excellent though the integration of Amazon and Netflix is a great new feature. So here's the question after the novelty of the update has worn off are people using new features to enhance the experience or using basically the features that already existed?
    12-20-2011 01:06 PM
    Yep because of Google music and plex it was more than worth it for me. Side loaded Amazon appstore and got some nice apps on there too!

Sent from my iPride 4G
    12-20-2011 07:24 PM
    enik how are you storing the apps?
    I assume you sideloaded with an .apk from a usb drive?
    Are you storing on the USB drive also?
    12-21-2011 12:36 PM
    Yep because of Google music and plex it was more than worth it for me. Side loaded Amazon appstore and got some nice apps on there too!

Sent from my iPride 4G
    Is Plex like Playon? If so this was the kind of things I was hoping to see on GoogleTV.

It's great folks can listen to music on their TV but I just think there are better avenues to listen to music. The TV really is best for watching movies
    12-21-2011 12:37 PM
    The update was a big disappointment. Where are all the apps? And HBOGo crashes so often its unusable. Netflix integration is poor. Web browsing is just pathetic. Home movies are unplayable because it doesn't support codecs. I'm going to dump mine on ebay and use my spare Roku box - at least it works reliably.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
    12-21-2011 04:46 PM
    Is Plex like Playon? If so this was the kind of things I was hoping to see on GoogleTV.

It's great folks can listen to music on their TV but I just think there are better avenues to listen to music. The TV really is best for watching movies
    Presumably, the same audio system you use to listen to music is also connected to the television that you feel is best for watching movies. I know mine is.

Actually, a movie theater is best for watching movies!

TJH
    12-21-2011 06:04 PM
    I'm just waiting for full root

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    12-21-2011 08:17 PM
    Presumably, the same audio system you use to listen to music is also connected to the television that you feel is best for watching movies. I know mine is.

Actually, a movie theater is best for watching movies!

TJH
    Most TVs are not part of home theaters. Even if they are, having to sit down in front of a TV with a keyboard to listen to music is a very awkward experience.

The only reason I see of going to a theter is to watch new releases. The comfort, convenience, and atmosphere of a good home theater is a much better experience than an overpriced cinema crammed with people, uncomfortable seats, not to mention the 20 minutes of trailers and adds.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
    12-22-2011 05:22 AM
    When my wife cleans the house, now she likes to listen to Pandora; when I help her out, I take over and prefer to to play Slacker Radio or Google Music. All streaming services work great through Google TV; Slacker & Google Music are now available with the new update, something I didn't have before. Netflix so far works great and haven't had any issues with HBOgo as of now.

When listening to music, obviously we don't sit in front of the TV, that would definitely be awkward.
    12-26-2011 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD