Streaming Movies

charrison83

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the Sony Google TV yesterday and I love it. What is the best way to stream movies from my Win 7 computer to my google tv? I saw somewhere that somebody was doing it through XBMC. I know that PLEX is in the market but I would like to be able to preserve the title menus on the DVDs on my computer and watch the movies on my Google TV. Any suggestions?

charrison83

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Honestly nothing. I have been searching the internet trying to find out what other people have done and haven't come across anything useful.

law086

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK the Revue will not support VOB files (if that's what you're asking)... at least I haven't found anything that supports them. I've tried Plex and the built in media player but so far I'm liking GTVBox the best. FWIW, I'm converting all my VOB's to MKV via Handbrake.

holysnikey

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I use aVia which even has an app for most tablets and smartphones on Android. I can stream from my Win7 laptop, my Galaxy Nexus, ASUS TF and my Sony Blu-ray GTV. Its great to set up a full DLNA network at your house plus it is free. You don't need it for the computer but if you want to stream to or from an Android device, it will need to download the aVia media app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12