I just bought the Sony Google TV yesterday and I love it. What is the best way to stream movies from my Win 7 computer to my google tv? I saw somewhere that somebody was doing it through XBMC. I know that PLEX is in the market but I would like to be able to preserve the title menus on the DVDs on my computer and watch the movies on my Google TV. Any suggestions?
    dboftlp likes this.
    01-05-2012 10:57 AM
    What options have you tried so far?
    01-05-2012 10:29 PM
    Honestly nothing. I have been searching the internet trying to find out what other people have done and haven't come across anything useful.
    01-06-2012 12:52 AM
    Try GTVbox in the market. It will allow you to connect to any SMB share and play any videos that the device already supports.
    01-16-2012 11:12 PM
    AFAIK the Revue will not support VOB files (if that's what you're asking)... at least I haven't found anything that supports them. I've tried Plex and the built in media player but so far I'm liking GTVBox the best. FWIW, I'm converting all my VOB's to MKV via Handbrake.
    01-18-2012 07:24 PM
    I use aVia which even has an app for most tablets and smartphones on Android. I can stream from my Win7 laptop, my Galaxy Nexus, ASUS TF and my Sony Blu-ray GTV. Its great to set up a full DLNA network at your house plus it is free. You don't need it for the computer but if you want to stream to or from an Android device, it will need to download the aVia media app.
    adykingadrian likes this.
    01-18-2012 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD