The new Samsung TV's with apps are very cool. I sincerely hope they switch over to Android on the next models. Looking forward to seeing Sony's android tv's!

We were brainstorming today and trying to think of some good ideas for Google TV apps. Pretty much all of our thoughts went to games and game show type apps other than the obvious ones. Anyone care to chime in with some ideas?

This looks like it could be really fun year with all the new gizmos coming out!
    06-01-2010 07:24 PM
    Yeah, something like SceneIt would be cool, but with live content... like PopUp video + Game as a show is going on.
    IE.
    You're watching Robot Chicken, and they are making fun of Thundercats. A question comes up with a trivia question on Thundercats.... Like, Who was the voice of Lionel in the original cartoon?
    06-01-2010 08:30 PM
    I am thinking some sort of augmented reality game that interfaces with Android phones would be pretty cool.
    07-12-2010 05:08 PM
    You connect your Kinetic to your Google TV and Play Doodle Jump by jumping in the direction you wanna go, JK

An app that can pick up media servers
    07-12-2010 09:48 PM
    I like the Kinetics idea, but what if it used facial recognition (based on faces learned through Picasa) to learn who you were and customized the setup for you? That would be nice....
    07-13-2010 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD