Hi Everyone, is the Slingbox app available for download on GoogleTV/Revue? What I'd like to do is hook up a Slingbox to my main TV/Cable Box and hook up a Revue to the TV in my bedroom and use the Slingbox to stream from the Living Room to my Bedroom, thus avoiding the outrages monthly cost of having a second HDTV/DVR box from Comcast. Has anyone tried this setup? Let me know.

Thanks!
    02-01-2012 08:03 AM
    Yes. According to Sling's website, you can access the Sling player through the Spotlight app on the Revue. They say you can use it to do exactly what you're describing.
    02-01-2012 08:42 AM
    Thanks for the help! Has anyone tried this setup?
    02-01-2012 09:58 AM
    I was wondering about where the Slingbox goes in the chain of devices. Currently, I have a Comcast Cable box connected to a Sony GoogleTV Blu-Ray player, connected to a Yamaha receiver connected to a TV. All connections are HDMI. Where would a Slingbox go here?

TJH
    02-04-2012 09:34 AM
    My setup is very similar to yours and I never ended up getting it to work the way I wanted. Mine is
    Tivo -> Revue -> Pioneer Receiver -> TV all HDMI. I ended up ordering another cable box from Comcast and using it for the slingbox exclusively. It's not the cheapest option but after fighting with it I think it's the best.
    02-05-2012 11:23 AM
    I was wondering about where the Slingbox goes in the chain of devices. Currently, I have a Comcast Cable box connected to a Sony GoogleTV Blu-Ray player, connected to a Yamaha receiver connected to a TV. All connections are HDMI. Where would a Slingbox go here?

TJH
    Slingbox is a seperate branch, if you will, and not a passthrough. You would connect it to an A/V output of your cable box.
    02-06-2012 09:10 AM
    The slingbox app for google tv is not actually an app, it takes you to a webpage in chrome. I find that the app works horribly. The picture is low quality, think ESPN3 streaming, and if you hit any buttons (channel change, dvr, menu, skip, fast forward) it tends to freeze the image while the sound continues playing. I find it's much better to hook up my laptop to my tv and use the windows slingbox app which is unfortunate because the remote keyboard is the best part of the Revue.
    02-08-2012 12:56 PM
    So, does anyone have a guess as to when Slingbox will upgrade their hardware to include HDMI inputs and outputs?

Why are they years behind on this?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OK, did some more digging and learned about HDMI and Slingbox.

Looks like HDMI is all about restricting media content. Sling will not be adding it.
    Have a look at this...

http://www.hdfury.com/hdmi-hdcp/hdcp...lay-nightmare/
    08-01-2012 09:24 AM
    So has anyone had any luck with Slingbox?

I have a new PRO HD box (model # SB300-XXX) being fed
    from my DirecTV HD unit (model HR22)

The basic Sling function is working fine to both my MacBook Pro
    and my ipad 2.

Which different set-up (wiring) options have you tried
    to get the Revue box into the mix?

By the way, just got off the phone with Slingbox support
    who told me the app is no longer working since
    Google TV updated its OS. 'Maybe they will fix it' .

Is that accurate?

Thanks!
    08-15-2012 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD