Sony GoogleTV Devices Update

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
It looks like the update that is bringing improved Chrome functionality and Bluray 3d support to Sony's GoggleTV devices is starting to roll out. My 32" Sony GoogleTV is about halfway through the update and I'll report back when it's done. If you haven't checked for the update yet, now would be a good time.

edit:

So not much changed. Youtube is still a little sluggish. I don't see much change in Chrome. It's always been an underwhelming experience and I honestly don't use it much. It's still 3.2. There really isn't much else. I don't notice any performance improvements other than maybe a slight speed increase in Chrome.

I wonder if this thing will ever get ICS.

Last edited:

erhovie

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed changes with Chrome playing flash videos from Amazon Prime. Much faster to start videos and more responsive. Also, pretty sure the 3D support is only for the 3D Blu Ray player GTV box (which is what I have)

stonefeet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
if it was anything like the 3.1 to 3.2 update on the xoom it'll make a ton of difference

too bad the revue will probably never see this update.

swindelljd

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I just received another update to my sony blu-ray google tv unit tonight. This is in addition to the 260mb update to 3.2 a couple of weeks ago. The version is 2012022201_wwv.orsc. Has anyone else received this update or know what's in it? The last update I know took away sideloading and broke the revision3 app. I am wondering if this update patched the root exploit that was recently found.

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The changelog only said "improves system stability" or something along those lines.

Is sideloading really broken? I haven't tried yet but will when I get a chance at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance