Logitech Revue new Market won't download

ryanfoley613

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
hey everyone, i'm trying to access my Market on my revue but it goes to a "Market for google tv requires an update. Updating..." and it never updates, anyone else have this happen? what to do?

kalel410

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. Tried rebooting, etc. It hangs continuously while "Updating" market. Any additional suggestions? For those who were successful in getting this last Market updated on the Revue, how long did the Market update take? Been waiting 10-15 minutes so far with the "Updating" screen. Should I be waiting longer?

kalel410

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh! I got it to work this time. Here's what I did... almost the same as I did before... stopped the update attempt, then I did Manage Applications, chose Android Market, Force Stop, Clear Cache, and then, I realized there was yet another related app running... Market Feedback Agent. Did a Force Stop on that one. Then, I did the power off and reboot. (Gave it 5 minutes powered off, although, that probably had no effect.) Once rebooted, I clicked on the Market icon. The Market Update screen came up. And the update happened... within seconds. Google Play is now running. So, when you're doing the Force Stop (and Clear Cache) on Market, also make sure you do the Force Stop on the Market Feedback Agent app before you try the power-off reboot suggestions. At least, that worked for me. (You may need to reverse order of which Market-related app you Force Stop first.) Good luck!

Discovered

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Most likely if your having this issue its due to you upgrading to honeycomb before it was properly signed. From what I know devs are working on releasing a fix of some sort, although Im not sure how unless the got into the cefdk/SoC

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

iFake3G

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings, accounts, and remove your google account and then add it again. A new notification should be in the bar downloading Google Play. It worked for me.

Reactions: Nirvana328

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Here's a thread from Logitech's forums:

Google Play on Logitech Revue? - Logitech Forums

Nothing really new. One user thinks he has found the problem but can't fix it without an update from Logitech. Watching the GTV Hangout yesterday (on YouTube), one of the engineers seemed to indicate that the devices that aren't updating might be some sort of dev-level units or US units used out of the country.

Does that sound likely?

TJH

tbm48813

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to let you guys know what i did about mine. I spent yesterday forum crawling, doing everything suggested from dns changes to cache clearing, rebooting, and apk installing. nothing worked.

today I got it working. I tethered it to my phone. It downloaded and installed right away wireless tethering to my evo 3d. hope this helps the ones that have the option to do this

Discovered

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to let you guys know what i did about mine. I spent yesterday forum crawling, doing everything suggested from dns changes to cache clearing, rebooting, and apk installing. nothing worked.

today I got it working. I tethered it to my phone. It downloaded and installed right away wireless tethering to my evo 3d. hope this helps the ones that have the option to do this

I don't think it will work but ill give it a try in a few, like stated above the update that most users used was the VERY first HC update, which was not signed correctly and well we would need root access or an OTA to change that, my thing is if the OTAs are looking for a certain signature and these Revues have a different sig, wouldn't that mean that they would NOT get the OTA?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12