My Revue will no longer stream anything???

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Ideas anyone?

About a week ago my Revue stopped streaming stuff - netflix, podasts, etc. stopped working

BUT - the browser and market still do.

Tried a hard reset with no help.

bnceo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
IMO, Google TV is not the optimal solution. Still, building y our own HTPC is the best. Seems like Google TV couldn't fully commit to its vision and instead, delivered a gimped device.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have a home theater pc downstairs that I put together myself but I actually use windows media center on.
Still need my google tv though because it is located in my bedroom and I use to stream netflix and watch the movies from my home media pc downstairs

Ideas?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Revue August last year.
There's a website my wife reads a lot. They were going to do a live broadcast from Israel,
over a period of 4 days. My wife asked me if there was a way she could watch it on our
a/v setup in the living room.
I already knew about some of the devices that could do it, and the Revue was the way to do it for us. I really like the full sized keyboard.
So, bought the Revue, ran a Cat5 cable from the router in the computer room, through the
kitchen, into the living room to the TV. I still hadn't figured out how I was going to run the
cable permanently.
Set up the Revue, and we watched the broadcast. I also signed up for the free trials of
Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Everything worked fine. I also set the Revue to stream music from my pc.
So far, my Revue continues to work without issues.
I should add that I don't have a cable box, so I use it like I would use any other device
connected to my system (DVD player, VCR, Blu Ray, etc.).
It's a shame that Logitech mishandled the Revue (Google hasn't exactly been on the ball either).
Sorry I can't help with the OP's problem. Hope you get it resolved.
The Revue is, inmo, a pretty cool gadget.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I bought a Revue August last year.
The Revue is, inmo, a pretty cool gadget.

I agree with you whole heartedly for the $99 I paid. If I had paid the $350 price I would be pissed.

It is worth almost that much just to stream Netflix on - so the rest could be just gravy, but it also browses the net, watches video podcasts, syncs with Music, puts youtube on my LCD and many other things.

I will admit I am underwhelmed by the app selection, but TBH I cannot think of what other apps I want for it other than HBO & Hulu - and these are not there because their owners dont want to be.

I am not saying that the Revue or GTV is crap - just that mine is not working for the main reason I wanted it right now.

No ideas about my streaming issue in the OP? Anyone?

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Connected to tv via hdmi. Network via wifi. No catv connection.

Thanks
Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Ok, that's how mine is set up, except it's hard wired.
Audio from Revue to a/v receiver via optical.
Can't think of what is causing your problem.
First thought is a problem with wifi, but as internet, etc. are
working, that doesn't seem to be the issue.
Only thing I can think of is something is out of whack with the player
on the Revue. Could be the only way to fix that is a full reset.

ETA.....Just re-read your post andd see that a reset didn't help.
Stumped here.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Looking like I will be getting a shipped replacement from logitech. Will let you guys know how it goes.

By the way the "troubleshooting" and service experience was terrible. I honestly think they just wanted me to give up so I would go away.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OneMoreGaget

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the exact same problem. The Revue worked perfectly for months and then a couple days ago I get the message "unable to play this title at this time, try again or select another". Reset didn't work. I can stream fine through an Xbox so my connection wasn't the problem. I went to the applications menu, highlighted the Netflix icon and then hit delete. A dialog box came up and I selected Application info. Under Storage I clicked on Clear Data. I did the same thing on Clear cache. Went back into Netflix and it worked. Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463