im sure a lot of you saw this mornings post on the main page about this box

http://www.androidcentral.com/logite...logitech-revue

looks pretty sweet.

my main question is what EXACTLY does it do and PLEASE GOD someone tell me it can replace my current Time Warner digital cable box!?!
    06-16-2010 11:04 PM
    This might explain things. http://www.androidcentral.com/what-google-tv-google-tv
    06-17-2010 06:56 AM
    Really looking forward to this. Hope the interface is cool
    07-01-2010 09:17 AM
    I'm not really sure how I missed that post on the AC home when I have you linked to my Feedr lol. But thanks. That helped a little bit but I'm still unsure of how the UI is going to fully function and whether its going to be able to replace my GARBAGE time warner set top box. I hate that thing. The video shows the Google tv working WITH the dish box and not instead of it.
    07-01-2010 12:29 PM
    Yes - my understanding is that this will work in conjunction with your current cable/dish box/dvr not replace it.

Plug this inline between your cable box and your TV
    07-01-2010 12:32 PM
    Yes - my understanding is that this will work in conjunction with your current cable/dish box/dvr not replace it.

Plug this inline between your cable box and your TV
    Bummer
    07-01-2010 12:37 PM
    Useful Video Links:

07-12-2010 10:09 PM
    Useful Video Links:

the engadget video is actually really helpful haha.

it looks like with the box you will be able to control your cable box BUT if you have a crappy cable box like i do its going to be kind of a drag /:
    07-13-2010 12:21 AM
    It won't replace your cable box, not the products available at launch anyway. I don't think Google wants to deal with the CableCARD headache Tivo has.....
    08-23-2010 12:30 PM
    It won't replace your cable box, not the products available at launch anyway. I don't think Google wants to deal with the CableCARD headache Tivo has.....
    i have a time warner digital cable box made by scientific atlantic and i often find myself wanting to kill something after using it every day.
    08-29-2010 02:04 AM
    i have a time warner digital cable box made by scientific atlantic and i often find myself wanting to kill something after using it every day.
    I'm right there with you, I have a Tivo Premiere because I can't stand the Motorola boxes Comcast uses. I really hope Google can help move them forward.
    08-30-2010 08:42 PM
    Hum... depending on the price point of these Google TV boxes it might be cheaper to just go and get a small laptop/netbook, get a wireless keyboard and mouse to go with it and hook a HDMI cable between it and the TV and have the laptop act as the "google tv" box. Just a thought.
    08-30-2010 09:09 PM
    I'm right there with you, I have a Tivo Premiere because I can't stand the Motorola boxes Comcast uses. I really hope Google can help move them forward.
    yeah i hope so too because the technology that cable companies are using now is $hit straight from like 8 years ago. Its ridiculous
    08-30-2010 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD