09-04-2012 12:00 PM
64 123
tools
    So i got the Google drive apk from a website and installed no problem. Apks now wont download from Google drive. Says there isnt a viewer to open it. Man what a pain

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    08-24-2012 07:56 AM
    hmmm can you mark the apk as available offline and then browse to the location with a file manager/explorer and see if you can install that way. Without having mine just yet I can't give an exact account on how to do it. Thats just how I remember I did it on my Revue
    08-24-2012 08:05 AM
    I spoke with Vizio support about the fact that my package just fell off the earth, it ended up that for some reason it took 6 days for it to travel 100 miles.. whoever decided to use smart post should not only be fired, they should be boiled alive in hot oil.
    08-24-2012 09:13 AM
    hmmm can you mark the apk as available offline and then browse to the location with a file manager/explorer and see if you can install that way. Without having mine just yet I can't give an exact account on how to do it. Thats just how I remember I did it on my Revue
    Tried that. The es file explorer doesnt see the Google drive folder or the usb. Ill try again tonight.

08-24-2012 09:30 AM
    I spoke with Vizio support about the fact that my package just fell off the earth, it ended up that for some reason it took 6 days for it to travel 100 miles.. whoever decided to use smart post should not only be fired, they should be boiled alive in hot oil.
    Mine too. It was 20 miles from me on Wednesday night. Said it left FedEx at 730am Thursday. Thinking it was going to my local USPS Thursday its now Friday and my mail came and no new updates still.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    08-24-2012 09:53 AM
    Its not the hbo app just an optimized for gtv web link. Still works well though. No xfinity player but do they have a web link to stream on a browser?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
    Watch XFINITY TV Online | Full Episodes | Free Movies | Streaming

Oh and my replacement is being shipped UPS as of two days ago and the tracking number still says.
    "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Ugh. Think they ran out
    08-24-2012 11:22 AM
    Watch XFINITY TV Online | Full Episodes | Free Movies | Streaming

Oh and my replacement is being shipped UPS as of two days ago and the tracking number still says.
    "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Ugh. Think they ran out
    Ill try the Xfinity link when i get home amd let u know. Sorry bout the bad luck in shipping. Vizio underestimated the demand.

08-24-2012 11:37 AM
    OK. Good news and bad news. Good news is that once i backup the apks i can install them on the co star using the drop box website. Best idea is to back up the drop box apk then open that. The drop box app works on the co star.

I was able to install hbo go, crackle, veetle, xfinity and TV.com.

Bad news is none of them work.

It seems the co star is set in portrait mode and these apps wont run in portrait mode. Maybe a work around can be figured out.

I have successfully installed the facebook app. Works pretty well.

08-24-2012 08:22 PM
    Ill try the Xfinity link when i get home amd let u know. Sorry bout the bad luck in shipping. Vizio underestimated the demand.

Xfinity link is a no go. To be fair it never worked on my phone or tablet either.

08-24-2012 08:52 PM
    Think mine was lost/stolen. It was right down the road leaving FedEx 730am Thursday didn't show up at the local USPS Thursday or today. The vizio tracking does not work and the FedEx just says left FedEx 20 minutes away from me Thursday at 730 am. Anyone see this with their shipping?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    08-24-2012 10:36 PM
    I'm using Esfileexplorer it let's me back up apps the long press on the file and share with Google drive the just open EsfileExplorer on the googletv and select the file it takes it a few to download and ask to install but it works.

People in here are having problems with their sound can you explain a little? Mine sound doesn't work with a lot of apps but does with TV pass thru Netflix and advertisements in chrome hopefully vizio will get this thing a little more compatible soon very soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-25-2012 10:23 AM
    ok so i got my replacement today and looks like my first one was fine. Turns out the second one had the same issue. But when I eliminated my receiver it was working fine. Turns out that the co-star and my samsung receiver don't play nice.

When the co-star is in outputted to the receiver the screen says "not supported mode". Tomorrow I will call Vizio to see whats that about.
    08-30-2012 09:50 PM
    Turns out its my receiver is the issue, it doesn't allow hdmi passthrough, I think I can get the sound to work if i set it up like this

cable > co-star > tv > receiver via tos link.....that should get me up and running with my surround sound.

I did notice that ripped dvds the sound doesn't play so that is another issue to deal with. I am using plex as my media server
    09-03-2012 11:30 PM
    I was all excited about getting one of these but all this setup crap is too much for me, the average user, that just needs something that works. I may be back to looking at a Boxee box or something like one guy mentioned, the G-box, any experiences with that yet? It's no wonder people flock to apple. This stuff just needs to work before it's marketed. Geesh!

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx
    09-04-2012 12:00 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD