View Poll Results: Should the Vizio Come-Star stay or go back?

8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it.. ..there will be updates and it's only $99

3 37.50%
  • Its broken.. .send it back

4 50.00%
  • Can't decide.

1 12.50%
    Well I received my costar today. I haven’t opened the box yet. I am trying to see what everyone else thinks. So far if you return you have a restocking fee + shipping. On the other hand you got Google TV + OnLive. Are the 1st batches broken?
    08-22-2012 06:34 PM
    Mine is working fine, the only downside is lack of apps but Google play music just got updated and works on it. I've also been ripping apps off my tablet and sharing them with my Google TV about half are working. Now working on getting my game emulators over there gonna make the best of this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-22-2012 07:52 PM
    Mine was really broken and I am getting a replacement. I suggest trying it out before you send it back. Hell if it is broken like mine, it makes your decision easier.
    08-22-2012 10:43 PM
    Well I tried it and every thing works great, except for the 3D. It Mary not be a big thing to some, but I have a 3D tv and also DirecTV. With Direc TV we get 3Net, N3D and ESPN 3D. Which is awesome and the 3D effect is great. But on the Co-Star, the 3D is more depth. When I chatted with Vizio about this yesterday, I was told "our 3D is more depth" almost like they knew. So I am returning.

I did like it for what it was an is trying to be. I love the Google TV app and the voice to search feature. The apps work atone on both the Galaxy S3 & the Nexus 7. One of the features I wanted was a dedicated YouTube app. V unn t thing is after I received the Co-Star, Direc TV added a You Tube app to my HR34 receiver. Oh well mayBe Co-Star 2.0 :-)
    08-26-2012 10:03 PM
    Hey, if it does not work for you, then there is no reason to keep it. Hope something fits your needs soon.
    08-26-2012 10:40 PM
    I'm not. I wish it would have worked out. Waiting for a rma # to send back.
    08-26-2012 10:48 PM
    Here is the deal

1. It's new, ARM based Google TV devices are just recently released, it will take some time for the app stores to recognize them and allow installation of apps that work, but they key is that unlike the Atom based systems, most apps should work

2. It's Vizio and they actually support their product, I think they have already shown what they are going to be like to deal with in releasing a patch in the first week of release.

3. It's going to be rough around the edges until they move up from honeycomb, just because JB on phones does not mean they would leave it out for devices, the decision was based on battery life, and there is no way Google would release a tv product without it.. if anything else it will force Amazon to make an actual app, which would not be a bad thing (they already have it, but so far just want to keep it on the fire because they can).

Currently the device is not much better than previous GTV devices, but given some time for devs to open up their apps for testing on it, the potential is there in spades.
    Kamin likes this.
    08-27-2012 08:20 AM