Upgrading from Revue

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Which Google TV box do you think is best to buy now?

I want pros and cons.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Still kicking the Revue. I liked the Asus Cube that was reviewed on AC. Seemed a bit more robust than the Costar. Comparing the Cube review to what I know living with the Revue, the Cube seems reasonable & the cost was about $100, if I recall correctly. I'm kicking the Revue till it dies. Three years and still going. Knock wood!

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
With all the updates that are being pushed down on my revue it's now sluggish and buggy as heck.

I'm thinking of ditching the Revue, but I will not be getting a Google TV device. I've been burnt by Google's and Logitec support

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

sublimesarahb

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Still kicking the Revue. I liked the Asus Cube that was reviewed on AC. Seemed a bit more robust than the Costar. Comparing the Cube review to what I know living with the Revue, the Cube seems reasonable & the cost was about $100, if I recall correctly. I'm kicking the Revue till it dies. Three years and still going. Knock wood!

I am still using mine too. It won't let me watch showtime anytime app anymore it says I need an update. I called Logitech and they said Google took over all the updates and that there aren't going to be anymore. Is there anything out there like the revue that I can buy?? This is driving me nuts. I love the keyboard and all the functions. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In the US... (?) This week only (?)

Best Buy has the Sony NSG-GS7 on sale for $149.99 ($50 off). I just got one 2 days ago. Having moved up from a Roku 2 XS it is a world of difference... However, I researched a fair bit beforehand and found that this is the one all others get compared to - Google TV or other streaming platform. The remote is nice... Very optimum size between comfort and fitting in controls. Plenty of function in there, takes a bit of learning to use, but that's to be expected from such a complex and compact remote.

I couldn't be happier with my choice... or the price. Plan on selling the Roku to give myself more of a rebate. :D

Chris Gerhard

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
In the US... (?) This week only (?)

Best Buy has the Sony NSG-GS7 on sale for $149.99 ($50 off). I just got one 2 days ago. Having moved up from a Roku 2 XS it is a world of difference... However, I researched a fair bit beforehand and found that this is the one all others get compared to - Google TV or other streaming platform. The remote is nice... Very optimum size between comfort and fitting in controls. Plenty of function in there, takes a bit of learning to use, but that's to be expected from such a complex and compact remote.

I couldn't be happier with my choice... or the price. Plan on selling the Roku to give myself more of a rebate. :D

I have Google TV and Roku and although I much prefer Google TV overall, Roku does a few things that Google TV doesn't do and does a few others better or easier. I plan on keeping both for a long time. I have both the Roku 2 XS and Sony NSZ-GS7 among my fleet of media players.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I went with the cube mostly because I don't trust vizio with making that kinda thing. The remote kinda sucks though. The mic button is in an incredibly bad spot and there is no cap lock key

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I like my Asus cube. I actually upgraded from the revue. The thing is a tank and is a lot less laggy than any other google tv box I've used. The only problem I've had is it doesn't have a built in ir blaster like the revue so you have to run a cable to your tv's ir receiver to control it with the cube remote.

Sent from my Lumia 928

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon