Im just wondering what you guys thing is better... I personally use roku all the time and it does use android as an operating system
    08-06-2013 10:06 AM
    Having both, I personally like Google TV better. Yes the Roku does have more channels, but the main reason I use either of them is for Netflix. With the Roku I have to change the TV's or AVR's input to access it. With Google TV, you don't ever have to change the input as it overlays your cable provider meaning that you can be watching TV and just press the menu button and can go straight to all of your apps without ever having to switch inputs. I like Google TV better just for this feature alone.
    08-06-2013 11:01 AM
    I recently moved from the Roku XS to a Sony NSZ-GS7 (Google TV) and I consider it a huge upgrade. Full web browser for a start. The home page and notifications are great. Email right on your TV. I'm finding lots more worthwhile free content and functional Apps.

Check out my thread to see how I'm expanding the capabilities of the box: http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...y-nsz-gs7.html
    08-06-2013 02:01 PM
    The Roku can't match the seamless integration with you cable providers set top box imo.
    08-06-2013 02:13 PM
    Only thing is YouTube...... Gosh.... But how much does a Google TV run around ? A decent one

If we were motivated by money, we would have sold the company a long time ago and ended up on a beach.
    -Larry Page
    08-07-2013 07:37 AM
    I went with roku despite the lack of an official youtube channel. I use it mainly for Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. And the Juice for Roku channel/app is amazing because it lets me send content from my phone to my tv. My youtube dilemma was solved when I upgraded my cable box to tivo, it comes with a youtube app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    08-07-2013 08:20 AM
    Only thing is YouTube...... Gosh.... But how much does a Google TV run around ? A decent one

If we were motivated by money, we would have sold the company a long time ago and ended up on a beach.
    -Larry Page
    Google TV
    08-07-2013 08:24 AM

-Larry Page
    I looked pretty hard - the Sony Set Top Box (NSG-GS7) generally gets the best reviews. It's $199. Picked mine up at Best Buy for $149. Watch for sales, especially now that the NSG-GS8 is coming out.

I went with roku despite the lack of an official youtube channel. I use it mainly for Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. And the Juice for Roku channel/app is amazing because it lets me send content from my phone to my tv. My youtube dilemma was solved when I upgraded my cable box to tivo, it comes with a youtube app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    IMHO, AdRise and their ilk totally ruined the Roku experience for me. I wouldn't mind an ad or two for free channels, but they went over the top and made channels unwatchable...

If you've been using Plex on Roku, have no fear - Plex is also on G TV. Not sure what you need to send to the TV from your phone... There probably is that function via Plex.
    08-07-2013 12:50 PM
    I have both Roku and Google TV and like both, I prefer Google TV because of the web browser and access to content I can't find with Roku. YouTube and Internet Archive are important to me since I like old movies, public domain. For ease of use, Roku is best and it does have a few things I can't do with Google TV so I use both devices. The TiVo YouTube access is terrible compared to the Google TV app in my opinion. I am a cord cutter so TiVo with OTA connected to Google TV is a big part of how I get by without a pay TV subscription.
    08-12-2013 02:20 PM