10-29-2010 01:51 PM
33 12
tools
    It does suck a little that you cannot add movies to your netflix but I can just do that on my phone and then play.
    Although you can't do anything but play your instant queue in the lame little app, you can use the browser in the Google TV UI to properly manage your Netflix queues rather than using your phone.
    10-24-2010 11:34 PM
    Although you can't do anything but play your instant queue in the lame little app, you can use the browser in the Google TV UI to properly manage your Netflix queues rather than using your phone.
    Ummm, I know this but it's 10x easier to manage my queue on my phone than to have to browse to netflix and do it there. I just prefer to do it that way because it's more convenient for me. But you're right, the app is lame.
    10-25-2010 09:23 PM
    You are a dub
    10-26-2010 01:51 PM
    Its pretty cool, and I really like it! But.........Its deffinatlly not worth 300 bux! Really needs to be priced between 100 and 150..... After playing with it for a couple hours i had seen what it does and was kinda bored with it. I will be returning it. I will debate on getting it back when Dish Network offers it for 179.99 in a few weeks.....we shall see.
    10-27-2010 09:08 AM
    I have a Mac Mini as well hooked up, and I love it but at 1080p you can't see the icons, etc.. it's a great problem to have, but surfing Safari/Firefox is a pain.. I had no troubles with the Harmony Remote app works perfect via Wifi, and my GoogleTV after the 15-20 minute update seems to work just fine, no jitters, no lag, seems like a responsive Android device. Anyhow that's my feedback on it, I've been pleased so far. My wait is on Apps but the app store is supposed to open in January so once we have android "TV" apps, versus Apple TV getting apps.. Come on the Android apps are SO MUCH better than the Apple apps.. just more stuff you can do with less restrictions.
    What role will your mac mini play now that you have the revue? I have a mini dedicated as a htpc and am not sure if I am going to keep it.
    10-27-2010 09:53 AM
    I returned mine after 1 day.
    Not Google/Logitech's fault - My FIOS Motorola Cablebox does not allow double passthrough, so going through the Revue, then my A/V Receiver, FIOS shut the signal down ( a feature of their Motorola box). I the had to go strait from the Revue to TV and that doesn't work for me.
    I did play with it for a little while and was not overly impressed anyway. I typed "House" into the search and only got 5 results under "series" when I went to play from the web, I had to wait for an ad, but the video didn't start at the end of the ad, which gad a "click here to continue to your video" box, but it took me to the ad (through Chrome). I repeated this twice then tried another show which was only on NBC.com which you can't watch. At this point my wife said "this sucks and is way too complicated".
    The Revue went back. I'm not that disappointed after playing with it for a little while.
    10-27-2010 12:34 PM
    Hmm, You must not be very technical, or have very little patience. I have set this up with my Harmony remote, and it controls all my devices flawlessly. There is a place in the Revue to enable remotes. I have been very pleased with mine. Every problem I have had was easily remedied by submitting a ticket to Logitech support. They even adjusted my remote settings and saved them to my Harmony account for me to update.
    10-27-2010 01:28 PM
    I heard it was an awesome device, and a great first attempt for Logitech.
    10-29-2010 01:51 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD