playing content from android phone to tv via revue?

steveemmert

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Hooked up my Revue today. Pretty cool so far. But I've been unable to figure out how to play anything from my Android 2.1 phone (Motorola Defy) through it.

Google talks about some way to "fling" what's on your phone to your TV, but I have no clue how to do that. Anyone got this to work and wish to share how?

I loaded the Harmony app from the market. It could not find my revue by scanning my network, but I was able to get it to work by manually entering the Revue's IP. So I got that to work, but I don't see anything in this app to enable the "fling" functionality.

On to DLNA. I have successfully played content from my PC to the TV via the Revue by using DLNA. And, I can see my phone as a media server from the Revue, but alas I can't seem to get to any of the content on my phone. It just doesn't show up.

If anyone's figured this out yet, how'd you do it?

Steve

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Hooked up my Revue today. Pretty cool so far. But I've been unable to figure out how to play anything from my Android 2.1 phone (Motorola Defy) through it.

Google talks about some way to "fling" what's on your phone to your TV, but I have no clue how to do that. Anyone got this to work and wish to share how?

I loaded the Harmony app from the market. It could not find my revue by scanning my network, but I was able to get it to work by manually entering the Revue's IP. So I got that to work, but I don't see anything in this app to enable the "fling" functionality.

On to DLNA. I have successfully played content from my PC to the TV via the Revue by using DLNA. And, I can see my phone as a media server from the Revue, but alas I can't seem to get to any of the content on my phone. It just doesn't show up.

If anyone's figured this out yet, how'd you do it?

Steve

Steve,
I do not own a logitech revue but from what I have seen on a few you tube videos once your playing the video on your phone hit the menu button, then share, then scroll down to the bottom of the list and you should see "harmony remote" or something click that and it should send the video to the revue providing its a supported format. Hope this helps.

steveemmert

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I see you can fling internet video from the phone to the TV. So, if you're watching a youtube video, for example, you can hit the Menu button the Android phone, select Share, and select Harmony Remote (as CypherMax described), and the video starts playing on the TV.

But, I expected this same functionality would allow me to play content from my phone's video gallery to the TV. I thought I could fling a video I recorded using my phone's camcorder to the TV. Apparently not. That's quite disappointing.

Anyone know any way to do this? As I said, I've gotten as far as being able to "see" my phone from the Revue via DLNA, but I can't get to any of the content on my phone...videos, photos, nor music.

Is there supposed to be a way to do this that just isn't working correctly, or am I missing something, or is this just not supported (yet)?

Thanks!
-Steve

vsarda

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Do you have google+? It stores all your photos and videos taken from your phone. Simply let google+ automatically upload your photos and videos and then watch from revue's gallary (they are private unless you want to share). I love this thing. Hope it helps.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
aVia released 3.0 this week which will now allow you to "fling" data between your DLNA connected devices. It works great!!!

I just installed it on my Return, ASUS Transformer & Droid X. It set up pretty easily, and I'm now able to pull to my Revue from the ASUS & DX, as well as my Synology Server.

In addition, I can push streams from the mobiles to the Revue with no problem. Is that what they are calling "fling" action?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance