Just Not Sure.....

pattont

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
First, I want to say that I really like the Google TV (Logitech Revue). I am just not sure that it is what I am looking for. My main complaint is that it is sluggish between menus, doesn't offer that many features that my Tivo Premiere doesn't have, and it seems to be having an issue pushing dolby digital from my tivo through the revue to my denon receiver. If I cut the Revue out of the loop I get dolby digital to my receiver, if the revue is plugged up all I get is multi-channel in. I'm not convinced that this is a bad thing, but why does my receiver not recognize dolby digital from the Tivo with the Revue in the middle.

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
First, I want to say that I really like the Google TV (Logitech Revue). I am just not sure that it is what I am looking for. My main complaint is that it is sluggish between menus, doesn't offer that many features that my Tivo Premiere doesn't have, and it seems to be having an issue pushing dolby digital from my tivo through the revue to my denon receiver. If I cut the Revue out of the loop I get dolby digital to my receiver, if the revue is plugged up all I get is multi-channel in. I'm not convinced that this is a bad thing, but why does my receiver not recognize dolby digital from the Tivo with the Revue in the middle.

Sounds like your having the issue I've been worried about. I don't have the revue but I think your problem might be hdcp handshakes. If your set up goes like this..hdmi from tivo revue then hdmi to denon hdmi in then to the tv via the main hdmi monitor out to your tv. If that's the case there are one to many hdcp handshakes for the hdmi to carry the full surround signal. Try this hdmi to revue then hdmi to tv then use optical out from tv to the denon. This is just a test if your 5.1ch is restored you know the issue.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
ok....How will this work. I have a Decent sony reciever that does true HDMI switching. I am also running a Dish VIP 922 and a ps3. HDMI from PS3, and Dish run to Sony Receiver, then 1 HDMI out to Aquos 60". I plan on putting the Revue between receiver and tv. This shouldn't affect anything right? Input switching by revue should be ok right?

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
ok....How will this work. I have a Decent sony reciever that does true HDMI switching. I am also running a Dish VIP 922 and a ps3. HDMI from PS3, and Dish run to Sony Receiver, then 1 HDMI out to Aquos 60". I plan on putting the Revue between receiver and tv. This shouldn't affect anything right? Input switching by revue should be ok right?

I'm pretty sure the revue needs to be the first link in the hdmi chain from your stb in order to operate correctly. I don't have one to test maybe someone who does could.
It would make sense that it should work way but I doubt logitech thought about that.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Ok.....Logitechs website says hdmi switchers of quality (essentially what my sony av will be) should work, but they don't guarantee it..., we shall see i guess!

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
That sounds about right to me. You never know maybe some software update could fix something like that in the future.

supchaka

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Did you verify dolby digital is selected in the sound options of the revue? I had to enable it in mine.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar