So here's my thing: I really don't play too many games on my XB360. Music streaming (Zune Pass FTW) and movies (Netflix mostly). Likely will get Kinnect in a few weeks, too.

Not having access to my media library from the Revue is a BIG negative at this point.

Netflix on the Revue is lacking so far. Can't actually add new movies through the app. (Though you can just hop into Chrome and do it from there.)

And I need to do a little more testing, but I think I'm getting much worse video quality going through the Revue on Netflix. Any A/V people wanna help with that? Is it because the Revue's acting as a passthrough? Or is it that the compression is different than on the XB360?
    10-23-2010 08:08 AM
    if you dont have a bluray player get the sony bluray player google tv instead. this way you can still use the 360 and the google tv. this way you can justify using both.

you also can try putting the 360 behind the goggle tv. stick the 360 hdmi out to the hdmi in of the google tv. then you get the best of both worlds.
    10-23-2010 08:40 AM
    But zune pass music won't show up on google tv. For me personally I want to like google tv but the 360 does everything I need.

It would be a completely different story if it wasn't for zune pass, though. (now if they would just make an android app)
    10-23-2010 09:02 AM
    Oh, and forgot to mention the keyboard. I love my Harmony One, and it's really disappointing that the Revue keyboard has zero support for anything other than a TV, tuner and amp. :-/
    10-23-2010 09:26 AM
    I think Google tv is a little half baked. Right now it doesn't off much value without apps. You're better off with a ps3 since it has a browser, bluray player and a custom netflix app.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    10-23-2010 09:55 AM
    The apps are coming. But the video quality's killing me. :-/
    10-24-2010 09:47 AM
    Phil,
    What do you mean the Revue won't access your media library? I thought one of the highlights was the ability to stream your media from other computers...
    10-27-2010 11:28 AM
    My boys have both an XBox 360 and a PS3 in the loft upstairs. Quite often when it's quiet downstairs you can hear the fans on XBox running. Last week, my youngest son pulled the PS3 out of the TV stand/cabinet because it was running so hot that it was locking up. Runs fine now.

No way either of those devices is being invited into my living room as part of my home theater system..
    10-27-2010 12:27 PM
    If the Xbox ever gets Amazon Video On Demand, then I would't even need to consider a Revue, I would just stick with my Xbox. Make it happen Microsoft, get Amazon VoD and I will give you a cookie!
    10-27-2010 01:39 PM
    The apps are coming. But the video quality's killing me. :-/
    correct. i was dangerously close last night to unplug the revue just to watch a decent picture. for sports it's nearly unwatchable. can't believe they haven't pushed a fix for this yet. its making me nervous...

logitech made the inexcusable mistake of breaking the golden rule of a/v tech: FIRST, DO NO HARM!!!
    10-28-2010 12:10 PM
    Phil,
    What do you mean the Revue won't access your media library? I thought one of the highlights was the ability to stream your media from other computers...
    Depends on how you have it rigged up. And I'm fairly heavily invested in Zune Pass, so that's out on GTV. Now if Google comes up with some sort of music solution, I'm there.
    10-28-2010 12:26 PM
    it found and accessed my entire library just fine (dedicated pc running win 7 pro), but it has some issues with certain codecs logitech claims it should play. in this regard the xbox 360 eats the revue for breakfast

http://forum.androidcentral.com/goog...-streamed.html
    10-28-2010 12:52 PM
    Oh, and forgot to mention the keyboard. I love my Harmony One, and it's really disappointing that the Revue keyboard has zero support for anything other than a TV, tuner and amp. :-/
    I thought the GTV was supposed to have full functionality of the Harmony Remotes built in to the Revue. If not, this may be a deal breaker. I was already a little put-off by the fact that it did not have RF built in to the Revue. My entertainment center sits in a cabinet in the other room from my TV, I knew I could find a work around for the lack of the RF, but only being able to control TV, amp, and tuner is a little weak.
    10-28-2010 05:06 PM
    I thought the GTV was supposed to have full functionality of the Harmony Remotes built in to the Revue. If not, this may be a deal breaker. I was already a little put-off by the fact that it did not have RF built in to the Revue. My entertainment center sits in a cabinet in the other room from my TV, I knew I could find a work around for the lack of the RF, but only being able to control TV, amp, and tuner is a little weak.
    What else do you need it to control? I've found that with the Sony box I can watch DVD or Blu Ray movies, cable TV, DVR, my local music and movies, Pandora, Netflix, Amazon VOD, YouTube, surf the web...all without putting down the Sony remote or changing an input. I've managed to clear out everything but the cable box and my amp from my TV cabinet. My Harmony remote has been retired as all of my "activities" have been consolidated into one interface and one input.

Maybe I'm just off, bit it seems like everyone is trying really hard not to like GTV for some reason. It ain't perfect but it is nice.
    10-28-2010 06:57 PM
    I think you are off. I am in no way trying not to like the GTV. I am trying to understand its limitations as it pertains to my needs. My understanding was that it was supposed to have Harmony functionality and the lowest model of Harmony can control 6 devices, I assumed that the Revue would do at least that. I am a huge fan of technology and I think Google has done a great job with Android, I am sure that GTV will also live up to the expectations that people have for it. I for one know that the current version is not perfect but I have played with it and it is nice, especially considering it is first gen.
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I control my tv, tuner, amp, blue ray player, ps3, and cd player with my Harmony through the use of an rf blaster due to the fact that my equipment sits in an armoire in my dining room. Not that it matters it's just the fact that everyone has different needs.
    10-29-2010 09:18 AM
    I think you are off. I am in no way trying not to like the GTV. I am trying to understand its limitations as it pertains to my needs. My understanding was that it was supposed to have Harmony functionality and the lowest model of Harmony can control 6 devices, I assumed that the Revue would do at least that. I am a huge fan of technology and I think Google has done a great job with Android, I am sure that GTV will also live up to the expectations that people have for it. I for one know that the current version is not perfect but I have played with it and it is nice, especially considering it is first gen.
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I control my tv, tuner, amp, blue ray player, ps3, and cd player with my Harmony through the use of an rf blaster due to the fact that my equipment sits in an armoire in my dining room. Not that it matters it's just the fact that everyone has different needs.
    Sorry, didn't mean to attack, it was a serious question.

Looking at your list, other than the PS3 (and do you really need a remote other than the controllers to use with the PS3?), if you get the Sony GTV box with Blu Ray, like I have, it will control the basic functions of the TV and amp and POTENTIALLY make the Blu Ray player, CD player and Harmony remote obsolete. Sure, it's limited, but I haven't felt the need to pull out any of those other remotes since I got it. Why would you want or need 6 devices in your AV cabinet when you can have 2 or 3 for the same functionality? I don't want all that input switching and configuration. That's all I'm saying.

It's like getting one of those screwdrivers that has the shaft that flips over with reversible bits in each end, and then trying to figure out how you're still going to use all the other single-function screwdrivers you have. Some of them you just don't need anymore. At least I didn't. And I was more than happy to get all of that crap, all of those wires, and all of those remotes out of my AV unit.
    10-29-2010 10:58 AM
    Sorry, didn't mean to attack, it was a serious question.

Looking at your list, other than the PS3 (and do you really need a remote other than the controllers to use with the PS3?), if you get the Sony GTV box with Blu Ray, like I have, it will control the basic functions of the TV and amp and POTENTIALLY make the Blu Ray player, CD player and Harmony remote obsolete. Sure, it's limited, but I haven't felt the need to pull out any of those other remotes since I got it. Why would you want or need 6 devices in your AV cabinet when you can have 2 or 3 for the same functionality? I don't want all that input switching and configuration. That's all I'm saying.

It's like getting one of those screwdrivers that has the shaft that flips over with reversible bits in each end, and then trying to figure out how you're still going to use all the other single-function screwdrivers you have. Some of them you just don't need anymore. At least I didn't. And I was more than happy to get all of that crap, all of those wires, and all of those remotes out of my AV unit.
    It's cool man. I understand your point, but at this point I am just weighing my options as far as differences between the Sony and Logitech. Right now the biggest thing is the co$t of the two. I have Dish so I've been looking at the Revue because I can get it for 179 through Dish, plus I have a blue ray player already so it's a little difficult for me to justify spending 400 on the sony to my wife. I'm just looking for definitive answers as to what the Revue works as far as the Harmony side goes. I'll probably just have to pick it up and check it out for myself. There's always the 30 day return policy.

I can live with having to use my Harmony if need be. I just think it's a little disappointing that a company that makes such a bad a$$ remote wouldn't include it in one the baddest a$$ pieces of AV equipment to come out in a long time.
    10-29-2010 12:10 PM
    It's cool man. I understand your point, but at this point I am just weighing my options as far as differences between the Sony and Logitech. Right now the biggest thing is the co$t of the two. I have Dish so I've been looking at the Revue because I can get it for 179 through Dish, plus I have a blue ray player already so it's a little difficult for me to justify spending 400 on the sony to my wife. I'm just looking for definitive answers as to what the Revue works as far as the Harmony side goes. I'll probably just have to pick it up and check it out for myself. There's always the 30 day return policy.

I can live with having to use my Harmony if need be. I just think it's a little disappointing that a company that makes such a bad a$$ remote wouldn't include it in one the baddest a$$ pieces of AV equipment to come out in a long time.
    Yeah, I actually had the Revue on pre-order, but wasn't thrilled about the idea of having a keyboard in my living room. Had that with my HTPC and hated it. If the smaller remote was standard rather than a $130 option that may have made it easier to swallow, but it's not.

Then I thought, maybe if I can control it with the $150 Harmony remote I already own that would be nice, but that's got no keyboard. And then I could control it with my EVO, but do I really want my phone tied that tightly to my AV system? "Honey, can you get off the phone, I need to change the channel"
    10-29-2010 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD