Admittedly, I'm new to the HD game. So forgive me if this is a stupid question. But when using the Revue, everything being piped from the cable box now looks a tad digitized, almost like it's been recorded and is being played back. (That make any sense?)

It's especially noticeable when watching football. Any high-speed motion looks really bad. And that's a pretty big freakin' deal, ya know? I've got a 50-inch LG plasma, and it definitely didn't look like this before I hooked up the Revue.

So is it because the signal is being passed from the cable box to the Revue to the TV? Or because of the way the Revue is processing the signal?

Or am I just crazy here?
    10-23-2010 02:59 PM
    I didn't notice any issues watching lsu's horrible showing against auburn in hd on a phillips 42" lcd.
    10-23-2010 06:25 PM
    lol. Even that looked good.

No, seriously, there's definitely a difference here. Been watching Weeds on Neflix. On the Revue, I see the colors change as I watch. Especially the whites. It's almost like there's an ambient light sensor that's adjusting things. Very weird.
    10-23-2010 10:48 PM
    lol. Even that looked good.

...Been watching Weeds on Neflix. On the Revue, I see the colors change as I watch...
    Must be the THC. ;-)
    10-24-2010 12:07 AM
    Yes I have the same problem. Movies and TV shows not bad, but watching sports is not a smooth viewing experience.
    10-24-2010 12:53 AM
    Hi Phil. There is a long thread on the Logitech support forums about this problem. It isn't just you! You can try turning the source signal down from 1080i to 720p and that will help with the blockiness, etc., but it isn't a good long-term solution.
    10-24-2010 12:30 PM
    Thanks for the heads up Phil and davpel. I was just about to open my Revue, now I'm leaving the box sealed for easier return if they don't have this fixed within a week.
    10-25-2010 10:46 AM
    I did put the quality at 720p during initial setup, so that may explain my different experience. I have noticed the audio getting out of sync though, and that is quite annoying
    10-25-2010 01:30 PM
    I had thought I noticed a difference. It is a pretty big deal. I wonder if the Sony Blu Ray is having the same problem? I hope that it is a software issue and not hardware. This thing is great, but if they can't fix the framerate issue, then it's gotta go back. Can't remember if Logitech has a 15 or 30 day return policy.
    10-25-2010 01:31 PM
    Phil, I noticed it when watching football on Fox this past Sunday but I don't recall it on NBC during Sunday Night Football, I will try some other fast motion movies, maybe it was just Fox. I have had problems with their broadcasts over the years.

My Revue plugs into an Onkyo Receiver and then to a 61' Samsung DLP set from 2004, it only does 720p but I have enjoyed it for 6yrs.
    10-25-2010 01:37 PM
    I had thought I noticed a difference. It is a pretty big deal. I wonder if the Sony Blu Ray is having the same problem? I hope that it is a software issue and not hardware. This thing is great, but if they can't fix the framerate issue, then it's gotta go back. Can't remember if Logitech has a 15 or 30 day return policy.
    The Sony is not from what I understand however they can only output 2ch from the cable box on either toslink or HDMI. So nthey have their own major issue as well.
    10-25-2010 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD