I have both Sony and Revue units and Dish with 722k dvrs. I have been unable to get advanced dvr functions to work on either. Called Dish and they told me to call 888 number where automated voice said Google TV functions activated. However, when trying to setup advance features in Google to my boxes can't. The only way it works with Dish is through basic ir blaster setup. Has anyone else gotten advanced dvr to work with Dish yet? I have a feeling Dish isn't ready for the feature yet.
    10-27-2010 02:02 PM
    If advance dvr means..I can see and control my dvr using IP instead of ir blasters, then yes. It is working for me. I have both boxes(sony and dish) on the same network at home but I am not sure if the two devices are actually communicating locally.
    10-27-2010 04:41 PM
    What does the $4 fee for thee advanced features actually give us? I understand that if I connect ethernet from my Revue to ethernet on dish receiver I dont need IR blaster, but what else are we really gettting? supposedly ability to search content of our DVR, and external hard drives...anything else? thanks!
    10-30-2010 10:21 AM
    What does the $4 fee for thee advanced features actually give us? I understand that if I connect ethernet from my Revue to ethernet on dish receiver I dont need IR blaster, but what else are we really gettting? supposedly ability to search content of our DVR, and external hard drives...anything else? thanks!
    The $4 fee is for the "deep" integration of Google tv with your DVR. That's pretty much it. Not sure, but it's probably not cheap for Dish to allow software to be integrated and I'm sure with their deal with google and they probably had to kick out some money so they're passing on part of that cost to us. I don't like it, but it is what it is. I suspect that as GTV improves over the next few months, deeper integration with your entire dish network programming including guide, PPV and anything else will eventually be happening.
    10-30-2010 04:59 PM
    make sure you dont have more than one ip trying to connect to your dvr and google tv. if you use a revue and sony google tv and try to connect both to your dvr you will loose connection. if you are using a homeplug and ethernet to connect your dvr, you will have to choose one or the other. i have 2 dish dvr units connected to my hub using the sling homeplug (wall outlets). i have disconnected the ethernet cable from both dvr units and they both connect to broadband and revue through one single ip on the homeplug. this works very well.
    12-17-2010 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD