I do love google TV and the Revue but I had to disconnect it today to watch football. The framerate was so bad it looked like I was watching an old movie..

I hope this is something they fix fast..

c
    10-31-2010 06:43 PM
    I'm watching Sunday Night Football through mine and everything is fine. I wonder if there was something going on in the background of yours that was effecting it? Next time you have the problem, try a soft reboot (ctrl+alt+del) and see if it improves after the reboot. If it doesn't, perhaps it's something to do with the signal being fed to it, or maybe some of the units have a hardware issue?
    10-31-2010 10:19 PM
    I'm watching Sunday Night Football through mine and everything is fine. I wonder if there was something going on in the background of yours that was effecting it? Next time you have the problem, try a soft reboot (ctrl+alt+del) and see if it improves after the reboot. If it doesn't, perhaps it's something to do with the signal being fed to it, or maybe some of the units have a hardware issue?
    no no. its a known issue. i can attest that it makes sports damn near unwatchable. if your tv is 720p or if you have your stb output set to 720p you likely won't see an issue as it impacts only 1080i/p boxes and tvs (at least thats what ive been able to gather)
    10-31-2010 11:28 PM
    I've found that it happens most frequently when you jump from TV to the web or another app and then back to TV. It seems to clear if you change the TV channel and then come back to your original channel.
    11-01-2010 05:38 AM
    Even outside of the frame rate issue I find that the revue is far from transparent. The Sony is much better in this regard.
    11-01-2010 08:02 AM
    Even outside of the frame rate issue I find that the revue is far from transparent. The Sony is much better in this regard.
    me too. it hasn't been publicized, but i'm convinced it's messing with audio as well...
    11-01-2010 10:59 AM
    okay I did notice a couple of times a stutter while watching HD Football BUT but my entire house use's powerline and there were 3 TV's all on different HD channels, my media server was downloading and streaming to my Revue and I was flipping back forth to Live TV, also there a 3 Android phones, 2 laptops and a webserver all running off the same 24/3Mb connection so I have too feel my 'n' Series Dlink was a little over tasked... I never had this problem before the Revue but being that I have added another network device and was hitting it pretty had I really have no complaints here
    11-01-2010 02:16 PM
    okay I did notice a couple of times a stutter while watching HD Football BUT but my entire house use's powerline and there were 3 TV's all on different HD channels, my media server was downloading and streaming to my Revue and I was flipping back forth to Live TV, also there a 3 Android phones, 2 laptops and a webserver all running off the same 24/3Mb connection so I have too feel my 'n' Series Dlink was a little over tasked... I never had this problem before the Revue but being that I have added another network device and was hitting it pretty had I really have no complaints here
    The frame rate issue with live TV doesn't seem to have anything to do with your internet connection. Think about it, why would live TV be affected by the internet? It shouldn't. And if it does, then that's a problem. I believe it just has to do with the passthrough of the HD signal from the setop box to the GTV then to your TV which isn't being handled smooth enough for full HD which is causing the problem. The GTV functions seem to interrupt the signal and then the tv never smooth back out. Personally, I'd rather a 1-2 second pause and then run smooth again than for it to be choppy. The choppiness hurts my eyes.
    11-01-2010 02:51 PM
    The frame rate issue with live TV doesn't seem to have anything to do with your internet connection. Think about it, why would live TV be affected by the internet? It shouldn't. And if it does, then that's a problem. I believe it just has to do with the passthrough of the HD signal from the setop box to the GTV then to your TV which isn't being handled smooth enough for full HD which is causing the problem. The GTV functions seem to interrupt the signal and then the tv never smooth back out. Personally, I'd rather a 1-2 second pause and then run smooth again than for it to be choppy. The choppiness hurts my eyes.
    Mine does as I use AT&T U-verse which is IP TV and runs across my Ethernet over Power network, so frame rate can be heavily affected by traffic since my RG is remote from my DVR, also the DNLA device is connected by the network (wireless or Wired) but is on the same network so if there is any Ack/Nak that goes on between the Revue and the DHCP device, in my case my AT&T RG bridged through my D-Link router, it may adversely affect throughput. Since I was streaming from my Windows 7 Media server (1080P), this is also hitting the router back to the Revue yet again increasing network traffic so now I have high bandwidth streaming, 3 IP based TV (all HD Streams), 2 Laptops, Windows Server and 3 phones (and a partridge in a pear tree) all hitting the same router that the Revue is connected to there will be some lag on the network side . . .

BUT i understand that you are talking about the HDMI side of the device but it cant be true pass through as revision3.com stated in their review, the Revue is stripping 5.1 and outputting Stereo which they are hoping to be resolved in the next Firmware upgrade, implying software meaning not pass through which in turn means can be affected by processor activity, ram or NIC activity, also if it was pass through a reboot wouldn't fix the issue. So I do agree some type of buffering would be beneficial to smooth the all experience.

just a thought in my humble opinion. anyhow all that being said I am happy with my device!!
    11-01-2010 04:08 PM
    Mine does as I use AT&T U-verse which is IP TV and runs across my Ethernet over Power network, so frame rate can be heavily affected by traffic since my RG is remote from my DVR, also the DNLA device is connected by the network (wireless or Wired) but is on the same network so if there is any Ack/Nak that goes on between the Revue and the DHCP device, in my case my AT&T RG bridged through my D-Link router, it may adversely affect throughput. Since I was streaming from my Windows 7 Media server (1080P), this is also hitting the router back to the Revue yet again increasing network traffic so now I have high bandwidth streaming, 3 IP based TV (all HD Streams), 2 Laptops, Windows Server and 3 phones (and a partridge in a pear tree) all hitting the same router that the Revue is connected to there will be some lag on the network side . . .

BUT i understand that you are talking about the HDMI side of the device but it cant be true pass through as revision3.com stated in their review, the Revue is stripping 5.1 and outputting Stereo which they are hoping to be resolved in the next Firmware upgrade, implying software meaning not pass through which in turn means can be affected by processor activity, ram or NIC activity, also if it was pass through a reboot wouldn't fix the issue. So I do agree some type of buffering would be beneficial to smooth the all experience.

just a thought in my humble opinion. anyhow all that being said I am happy with my device!!
    Ok I gotcha. But any chopiness you may experience would probably be different than what most are experiencing as they are from what I read on the forums, most have satellite or regular digital cable. You have brought up something that maybe no one has thought about yet. You should go over the the Logitech forums and go to the frame rate thread because your input may help someone.
    11-01-2010 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD