Any word on when we can expect to see Hulu Plus functional on Google TV. I know they are "in talks", and I saw that Hulu opened their plus service to everyone. The PS3 is soon to join the Hulu Plus club as well.

Anyone have any word?
    11-08-2010 02:42 PM
    Hulu's stance to exclude all Android devices is perplexing. I emailed them this weekend to voice my concerns that they are leaving out the single fastest growing moblile platform (not including all the Google TV incarnations). This was the reply I got:

"Hi Travis,

Thank you for your email. You're not alone - we've gotten lots of requests to support Android devices. We are keeping a close eye on the mobile landscape and do understand there's a significant market for Android. But I'm afraid I have not heard any further information about bringing Hulu Plus to Android devices this at this time. We will be adding more devices over time and I'll forward your request to our product team.

Let me know if there are any more questions I can answer for you.

Thanks,
    Anton"

Supporting Android should be an absolute no-brainer. The revenue this company is missing out on is astounding! What's stopping Google from cutting deals with the networks to distribute content online. I'd pay for that and cut the cable!

TJH
    11-09-2010 05:48 PM
    I think we should inundate Hulu / Networks for this functionality, my issue is this is not only a case of add more devices they are actively closing down connections form GoogleTV that were working and I don't understand why... for example Uverse online embed Hulu, I pay for Uverse subscription and internet access, I can logon to and watch TV / Movies with any computer but they block GoogleTV as long as I am a valid paying member of Uverse (mean I am paying for TV) then I should be allowed to watch. If I can not watch then I require some kind of refund to compensate for this reduce functionality offered by my provider.

Soap box away ... I am thinking of starting some kind a campaign to fight this
    11-10-2010 07:28 AM
    Just fired off my first email to HULU, I dont expect anything other than the stock reply but this is really starting to annoy me -

Message to Hulu:

"I am very concerned about the actions of Hulu and a recent action...
    I need to set the criteria ...

I am a paying member of AT&T Uverse (U450, MAX 24) and through this monthly subscription some $200+ month I am entitled to use the AT&T Uverse online portion of the website allowing me to watch TV shows or Movies. This viewer is a Hulu embedded player, if I logon via my laptop I have no problem viewing the content as long as I login with my AT&T Uverse ID and password HOWEVER when I connect using GoogleTV and connect through my AT&T Uverse account I am blocked because I am a GoogleTV user (as it states in the message that appears), this is not a case of the functionality does not work it was working until HULU began actively blocking it.

Please explain to me why, as a fully paying member to a TV provider, I can access through a laptop / computer (in a chrome browser) but am blocked because I am using GoogleTV (Chrome Browser) please do not tell me this is because HULU are working on the Premium content or that networks dont want me to attach because I could watch TV without having a TV service (BTW this is a redundant argument because anyone with a computer and internet connection can) this has nothing to do with that, I need somebody to explain to me why a service that was working without any hacks has been blocked only to GoogleTV connections regardless of how the access the content.
    This action is a form a discrimination and is very similar to other antitrust violations such as the Microsoft internet browser suit

Thank you for your time and I await your response.
    "
    11-10-2010 08:17 AM
    Just fired off my first email to HULU, I dont expect anything other than the stock reply but this is really starting to annoy me -

Message to Hulu:

"I am very concerned about the actions of Hulu and a recent action...
    I need to set the criteria ...

I am a paying member of AT&T Uverse (U450, MAX 24) and through this monthly subscription some $200+ month I am entitled to use the AT&T Uverse online portion of the website allowing me to watch TV shows or Movies. This viewer is a Hulu embedded player, if I logon via my laptop I have no problem viewing the content as long as I login with my AT&T Uverse ID and password HOWEVER when I connect using GoogleTV and connect through my AT&T Uverse account I am blocked because I am a GoogleTV user (as it states in the message that appears), this is not a case of the functionality does not work it was working until HULU began actively blocking it.

Please explain to me why, as a fully paying member to a TV provider, I can access through a laptop / computer (in a chrome browser) but am blocked because I am using GoogleTV (Chrome Browser) please do not tell me this is because HULU are working on the Premium content or that networks dont want me to attach because I could watch TV without having a TV service (BTW this is a redundant argument because anyone with a computer and internet connection can) this has nothing to do with that, I need somebody to explain to me why a service that was working without any hacks has been blocked only to GoogleTV connections regardless of how the access the content.
    This action is a form a discrimination and is very similar to other antitrust violations such as the Microsoft internet browser suit

Thank you for your time and I await your response.
    "
    Send it to AT&T- and let AT&T lean on Hulu.
    11-10-2010 08:39 AM
    Send it to AT&T- and let AT&T lean on Hulu.
    if anyone can find me and email address to send it to I will, but unable to find an email address on their site...
    11-10-2010 09:20 AM
    Here is your guy. Quick search didnt reveal an email address but I am sure it is out there somewhere.

Link Error | LinkedIn

(This link works)
    11-10-2010 09:38 AM
    Well many emails sent lets see what happens... I did get a comment in the Uverse forums about "Network pressuring HULU to block" So i will be emailing them also
    11-10-2010 10:54 AM
    The really irritating part is that they are ACTIVELY blocking their website on Android devices.

While we wait for some, no doubt, unsatisfying agreement between Google and Hulu or Google and the networks, I'd like to see some clever hacker types get a hold of the GoogleTV and create some sort of work-around. Situation solved!

TJH
    11-10-2010 06:34 PM
    So, FOX is now blocking their content as well

Peter
    11-10-2010 06:46 PM
    If I can not watch then I require some kind of refund to compensate for this reduce functionality offered by my provider.
    You should probably go on court with such a requirement. While people don't do it the guys would never understand the situation.
    11-11-2010 11:09 AM
    So I've been messing around with Playon, and I've had some pretty good results streaming Hulu and CBS on GoogleTV. I cant say that the video is in HD (although I pay for the service with Hulu Plus). I really dont want to have to pay for the Playon service when the box is perfectly capable of streaming the video on its own.

Can't wait for the market to open. I'm sure the android community will develop a workaround.

Dont know if you all caught it yesterday but the CEO of Google said yesterday that everyone is making too big of a deal about the networks blocking the box. He also said that "talks are going well".

...lets hope so.
    11-16-2010 08:23 AM
    Looks very interesting and I will give it a try tonight ... but maybe the post should be deleted the last time I added the way to watch HULU using uvserse the functionality was gone in about 3 days.
    11-16-2010 11:19 AM
    I saw this thread and wanted to share what I've heard.

Hulu and Net Flix are both on hold when it comes to Android development. The reason is simple DRM. Apparently the Android platform does not have a DRM system which is needed to allow the streaming of copyrighted content.

Anyway I hope that helps.

Cheers
    11-19-2010 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD