I know it was confirmed long ago that you could receive WiFi via Sony GTV (I don't know about the Blu-Ray Player or The Logitech Revue) and then connect another device to the ethernet port on the back of the TV and share the connection.

Well I did some testing of this connection recently via Xbox Live and DirecTV On Demand.

I was able to play Multiplayer Call of Duty on Xbox Live with full connection (4 green bars). I also queued up about 10 items from DirecTV OnDemand to see how quickly I can get them downloaded.

It's safe to say I can pretty much fully utilize my internet connection through the TV to it's full speeds, but there is a catch.

When you select your Eco Options, you have to choose to use more power and have the TV turn on faster. This way, the monitor itself is off but the network connection is still functions (It continues to DL your content). If you use the power saving mode, it shuts down your network connection and then your DVR or whatever you have hooked up will lose it's connection.

Just a heads up for everyone.
    DeeJott likes this.
    11-18-2010 04:13 PM
    This is great to know - thanks for sharing.
    11-18-2010 10:26 PM