Another Update for GTV?

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I didn't find anything on GTV's blog about this, but there was an update waiting for me this morning. I'm not noticing any differences at initial look. And NO, this is not the update that came out in December (I had that already).

I'm still on Firmware 2.1update1

My build number is 2.1_2010121503ON.164108

Perhaps this is preparation for a much larger update to come?

Anyone else get this?

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Well my GTV made me log into Netflix today which leads me to believe the update had something to do with that at a minimum.

Why does Android Central hate Google TV?

DustoMan

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I think I might have got this update too. Yesterday, my screen position was all out of whack and needed to be reset. I never saw any prompt telling me there was an update, but then again I wasn't the one that first turned on the TV. When I first walked into the room, the wife had the Launcher screen up.

GMoney749

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's this new update, but mine (Sony Bluray) has a Dolby Digital pass-through option in Settings that I don't recall seeing before and is now passing surround audio from my cable box over HDMI. I'm surprised this doesn't rate a GTV blog post. It does say Beta....

GMoney749

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
More stuff: when watching tv, if you hit the menu button a bunch of options come up. Don't know if it's new but never seen it before. And one of the Advanced Options turns the cable box on and off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital