...How do you guys manage to watch live sports, like football, the Super Bowl, etc.? I realize that you can watch most college sports on ESPN3, but what about the rest? Do you just go without?
    01-21-2011 09:43 PM
    Bought a HD Antenna from Walmart for $20 I get all the main stations in HD and they look amazing and its free. You can plug that right into the tv to watch it live.

Or I set up a HTPC and record my basic shows onto that using Windows Media Center.
    01-23-2011 02:05 AM
    You can also use this with the revue as a DVR read on some other forums it works great.

Amazon.com: Channel Master CM-7000PAL Digital Video Recorder, Black: Electronics
    01-26-2011 09:42 PM
    Watching live sports is the only thing tying me to cable. I've been trying to figure a way to watch sports live with good quality so that I can drop cable entirely and save myself a decent amount of cash every month. If anyone else has more input, I'd love to hear it as well.
    02-01-2011 10:16 AM
    Watching live sports is the only thing tying me to cable. I've been trying to figure a way to watch sports live with good quality so that I can drop cable entirely and save myself a decent amount of cash every month. If anyone else has more input, I'd love to hear it as well.
    I am the same way I love watching sports I have missed some since switching but cause I have comcast I still get espn3.com and also atdhe.net covers most everything else but not high quality. Anything that airs on the main stations ie CBS FOX NBC I get in High Def with the HD Antenna
    Alder5 likes this.
    02-03-2011 01:41 PM
    Hey, I posted this in another thread but I'll ask it here. What are the benefits to Google TV? I heard major networks were blocking their content from streaming initially. Has that been resolved?

Can you view anything for free besides Youtube? I know Hulu and Netlifx require a subscription. What else can I watch?
    Any tips would be appreciated. I like the concept, just trying to justify the expense
    02-03-2011 02:04 PM
    Hey, I posted this in another thread but I'll ask it here. What are the benefits to Google TV? I heard major networks were blocking their content from streaming initially. Has that been resolved?

Can you view anything for free besides Youtube? I know Hulu and Netlifx require a subscription. What else can I watch?
    Any tips would be appreciated. I like the concept, just trying to justify the expense
    In my opinion, Google TV is not ready for prime time just yet. It was a great idea to begin with, but since the websites out there have blocked its use it adds very little benefit.

I would imagine Google will get things straightened out eventually, but I'm not ready to jump in on the first wave.
    02-03-2011 02:15 PM
    In my opinion, Google TV is not ready for prime time just yet. It was a great idea to begin with, but since the websites out there have blocked its use it adds very little benefit.

I would imagine Google will get things straightened out eventually, but I'm not ready to jump in on the first wave.
    I agree I would wait till some of these things are worked out. I got google tv for free for development purposes when they release the sdk or else I would have waited. At least till hulu comes to it then I think it becomes worth it.
    02-04-2011 01:55 AM
    is Google tv better than Apple tv? I have Apple tv now and its pretty good. How much does it cost?
    07-24-2011 07:03 PM
    is Google tv better than Apple tv? I have Apple tv now and its pretty good. How much does it cost?
    The two do completely different things so there's not really a comparison. And GTV can be had for $250 or so.
    07-25-2011 02:27 PM
    The two do completely different things so there's not really a comparison. And GTV can be had for $250 or so.
    $99

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    08-01-2011 09:46 PM
    Main thing I am missing out on that I wish I could get is NBA games. Local games are only available on Fox sports channels and no streaming options out yet that don't require cable. I wish some of the cable networks would start offering streaming only subscriptions. I would pay a decent amount for a NBA option.
    08-02-2011 10:06 AM
    $99 is in line with the competition now, which is where it has to be. However, it still lacks the funcitonality of its competitors. If it were able to free itself from the hulu.com block, it would be a no-brainer.
    08-02-2011 10:11 AM
    $99 is in line with the competition now, which is where it has to be. However, it still lacks the funcitonality of its competitors. If it were able to free itself from the hulu.com block, it would be a no-brainer.
    What functionality is it missing? Competitors don't even have a web browser. There is lots of stuff to watch even with the blocks. You just need to know where to look.

08-02-2011 10:44 AM
    What competitor gives access to hulu.com?

sent by CyanogenMod X
    08-02-2011 10:50 AM
    Maybe I am all wrong, but isn't it missing Hulu Plus and Amazon VOD? I must admit I have somewhat lost interest and haven't been keeping up with things, so maybe I am wrong.

Didn't mean to imply that hulu.com was available on other options. It was a separate thought that if it could access hulu.com it would be a huge deal. A simple HTPC would give you access to Hulu.com.
    08-02-2011 10:56 AM
    Maybe I am all wrong, but isn't it missing Hulu Plus and Amazon VOD? I must admit I have somewhat lost interest and haven't been keeping up with things, so maybe I am wrong.

Didn't mean to imply that hulu.com was available on other options. It was a separate thought that if it could access hulu.com it would be a huge deal. A simple HTPC would give you access to Hulu.com.
    Hulu Plus is a no and Amazon VOD is definitely supported on GTV. Looks great too!
    08-02-2011 12:12 PM
    I like the idea of this and the ability to access the entire android market down the road. However, I am still struggling to see what I will use this for that I cannot already access with my xbox and ps3. Does this offer more codecs or easier file access than the xbox? Its so cheap it has me contemplating buying one but not sure this will extend my media capabilities anymore than I already have. I extend my media center with XBMC as I cut my cable cord many years ago and just records locals through an HD Antenna on my home PC and will start streaming to my xbox at the new house. Previously just had my computer hooked up to TV in the living room but office is 60 FT from living room now and heard people get ****ty signal from 50 ft plus distances over HDMI.
    08-02-2011 04:14 PM
    Is ESPN3 accessible?
    08-10-2011 10:53 AM
    Ive been running google tv for several months now and love it! Admittedly, I primarily use it for netflix and pandora but love the fact that I can got to just about any website on it. I also love the fact that I can USB any device (thumb drive, phone etc) into it and run videos that way (one more reason to rent an actual DVD and rip it!)
    One site that I use a lot for shows that I cant find on netflix is

Project Free TV - Watch all your favorite tv shows and movies online free

Quality varies but you can find some gems once you figure out how to navigate the annoying pop ups! its worth a shot
    08-10-2011 03:10 PM
    Is ESPN3 accessible?
    I've only had my Logitech Revue since Saturday, and I didn't think to try espn3.com.

It looks like it does work, but it choked on it a bit first. When I clicked on a show, it stuck on a still frame for a couple minutes. The whole page was stuck. While attempting to navigate, I eventually got a "page is not responding" type of error, and right before I responded to it, everything started working. So it looks like maybe it's a bit much for it, but it does work. I watched for 2 or 3 minutes. It stuttered pretty hard once at the beginning but seemed to be okay after that. But, it's not blocked, and GoogleTV does support its codec.

Glad you mentioned it, because I'm really coming up short of anything to watch on this that I don't already have with AppleTV2 (jailbroken with XBMC) and Roku. This is a good one.

I'm really hoping Silverlight (Moonlight) will be supported somehow once the new version is out, because that will add a few more things.
    08-10-2011 06:29 PM
    What functionality is it missing? Competitors don't even have a web browser. There is lots of stuff to watch even with the blocks. You just need to know where to look.

tversity.com - DNLA media server that will get you tons of things including hulu. Been using it for quite sometime to stream to my ps3 and it converts things on the fly so you can use it to watch on pretty much any device like tablets and your phone.
    08-10-2011 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD