Hi. I generally use a PC to browse the itnernet, but there are occasions when I need to access web-only TV channels such as extra coverage of the Olympics and so on.

I am in the UK, but want to be able to use Google TV to browse the web in the same way as I do on a PC.

I currently use Firefox 26 but also have an Iomega Boxee box to browse internet on my TV.

There are issues with the Iomega Boxee though:

No upgrades available any more. The current spec is

Firefox 5 for Linux
    Only supports up to and including Flash 10.2.

What I need is an updated set top box that I can use to browse the web AND to be able to watch internet only TV streams that currently run on Flash that won't play on the Iomega.

for the Paralympics in March, the UK's Channel 4 will have two internet-exclusive channels covering extended covereage of events which will NOT as far as I know be available in any other form. In order that I can watch this on my tV, I would need a box that enables me to stream my PC's output to my TV such as a slingcatcher with Sling Projector - but that would tie the PC up.

So my question is

1 With Google Chrome on the Google TV box, which version of Flash does it support?

2 What can I not access on this that I can on a PC?

3 If there is a webcam app, can I delete this? I recently heard about webcams that even when inactive can be hacked into and I would rather have no webcam at all than one I did not know was there.

Thank you very much and your help is appreciated.

09-26-2016 01:43 AM