Looking into google tv need suggestions

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I recently got the new htc thunderbolt and i've been enjoying all of googles products. I was always interested in getting the google tv but I didn't know if it would suite my needs. I like watch anything from disney channel to mtv to cbs, fox, all the main stream stuff along with cartoons like anime and cartoon net work. I was wondering if ill be able to get that with google tv. I know a little bit of how google tv works but still have to understand a little more of it. I don't have a cable box in my room which is why im thinking of getting a google tv in stead of a new fios box cause my family has fios. If anyone can fill me in more on google tv and give what I need that would be great. other wise i'm thinking about getting an apple tv.

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I know you said you don't have a box, but do you have cable? If so, Google TV will slightly enhance your experience. However, from what you're describing, you want something that will stream all of the channels or types of shows you mentioned. This isn't the something GTV can do without problems right now. Some of the networks have blocked GTV so streaming is near impossible. You mentioned Apple TV as well. This will not do what you're looking for either (unless you plan on paying for all of your content through the iTunes store).

I believe you'd be better off with a Boxee Box. Things were shaky in the beginning, but they have ironed out a lot of the initial problems and it will stream pretty much everything you've mentioned. Plus, there's no better interface for local digital media as well.

Back to Google TV; Think of it as something that compliments an existing cable/satellite experience, not replaces it.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't buy a Google TV device until Honeycomb and Android Market arrives. The new interface will be much better.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

serena666

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Buying Google TV is your good decision.Do check that HDMI port should be attached with TV.Google TV is full of extraordinary benefits which is the requirement of every person.With Google TV,you can browse internet on TV.You can also enjoy games including sensor based games,videos,movies,android apps,send & receive mails, Facebook etc on TV.You can use your android phone as a remote control of Google TV device.These benefits makes Google TV ideal.

stonefeet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
we love our google tv, we bought it knowing it would only get better, in it's state right now it's only a device for gadget lovers it's not anywhere ready for mass consumption yet but hopefully that's what 3.1 will do for it. my only fear is the update of software will be so great that our revues and sony devices will be slow.

randyist

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
there is no doubt that it's totally worth it. Google will always be around and they will support it. Just a slow release with this one. I have the Logitech Revue. It has grown on me. It is Actually useful. I like how I control all of my devices from this single device... even from my Android phone. Everything on it works well. IT never gets sluggish when playing Flash videos in full HD ..because of it's beefed up onboard Video enhancements.. it's an atom processor (so this thing is pretty much a Netbook..but it can actually play HD video without choking).

There is no doubt that this can handle honeycomb. Why couldn't it? Think about it. The NOOK Color can run honeycomb .. This logitech revue is more or less a netbook computer with more video power (where is where a lot of devices lack because [if they don't have a good video chip, they'll end up eating your processor]).. This device is worth it. Give it a shot, IMO!

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I am currently looking into this since its now $99. I have one question for you guys... what would i use this for? Here is what I currently have. 2 PS3's which I play online games a lot, FIOS TV with HD DVR and I watch a lot of football ( NFL) My wife watches the typical Oxygen, Bravo channels. So where would the GTV fit in there? Or how would it be used? Please advice .:cool:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar