Any Luck with Google Music on GTV?

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Shortly after getting my invitation and uploading about 5000 songs to Google Music Beta, I was able to use the service flawlessly across all my devices: phone (DInc), tablet (Xoom), desktop (MorphOS), and Google TV. I was careful not to have more than one device streaming at the same time as per Google's own restrictions.

Lately, I'm having major problems getting music to play from Google Chrome using the Logitech Revue. It seems like it WANTS to play -- the animation next to the song start flickering -- but the seek bar never progresses. It remains at 00:00. I've tried clearing the data from the app, force closing and even rebooting. This has worked once, but other times it still won't play music.

Any ideas?

TJH

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I just tried this on my 40" Sony GTV and had the exact same problem. The little animation is moving but the time is not and there is no sound.

It's gotta be a compatibility issue with something they updated since it was working on your machine previously.

chubbs123

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I got it working but there is a trick.

You start up Google music in the browser.
Click on the button to install the app from marketplace.
Go to install the app, and click ok but it won't install.
Now go back in the browser to your Google music window.

The music should start playing.

This works for me on my logitech revue.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Just tried this with no luck. When I get to the Market web page, it says 'Installed' because I already have it on two other devices. Clicking 'Install' does nothing, as in the window doesn't go away or anything. Clicking 'cancel' gets me out of the window but music still doesn't play. Weird.

TJH

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
go to google music page select a song, click on gmail link above, let load then push back key on keyboard. mucic should play now

Nice tip! Just tried it and it works fine. Seems some weird combinations makes it works. Can't wait for 3.1 and the (presumably) Music Beta app.

TJH

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
This method does not work for me. So far, the only reliable way to make Google Music to play in the chrome browser is to click the Gmail link at the top of the page, wait for it to load, then press the back key. Works like a charm every time. (I even pressed the back key prematurely -- about half-way through the Gmail progress bar -- and it still played.)

TJH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles