What does everyone think of the finish design of the hardware? Cool? Could have been better? Don't really care so long as it does what it's intended to do?

I actually like the design of the hardware and think it's pretty cool. Now to wait for the reviews to pour in to see how these units function.
    10-05-2016 10:09 AM
    I agree. I like the design, but I'm curious how this performs with just one unit in comparison with a Netgear or similar router.
    10-17-2016 07:21 AM
    I agree. I like the design, but I'm curious how this performs with just one unit in comparison with a Netgear or similar router.
    From the specs, and from reviews of the OnHub routers, I'd guess it'll be more user friendly than other routers, and mid-range performance. But that's a guess, we'll see what we hear from real reviews.
    10-17-2016 06:29 PM
    Beautiful design. Performance is good according to the reviews that are going up today.
    12-06-2016 01:13 PM
    I installed my 3 pack a couple of nights ago and the performance of the overall network is much better and smoother than the single ASUS router it replaced. The speed test numbers are similar but the Google WiFi seems much smoother and more reliable overall (seat of the pants judgement). The lack of coverage is gone and web sites that used to take 30-45 seconds to come up now appear in under 10 seconds sometimes under 5. To make the setup as easy as possible I am using the standard WiFi backhaul but eventually will move to a wired backhaul which should improve the performance. We will see! One of the ASUS problems was that it was so ugly that my wife would not allow it to be put out in a more central location....

Mike
    12-22-2016 11:04 AM
    It's little and cute. Does google wifi support ipv6?
    Official quote from Google PR when i asked:

Google Wifi is not set to have IPV6 as an available feature in its initial release. We do not have an estimated release date for this feature. That's not to say it won't be made available someday soon. We are working around the clock to expand the possibilities of Google Wifi.

ipv6 is in the beta version for the new OnHub software. It's close.
    ottscay likes this.
    12-23-2016 12:44 AM