I own a local store which has about 35 stands for each product, and me and my team want to run slideshows (picture+video) in each one.

My guess is that I should use tablets.

Why tablets?

a) Slideshows needs a software to run them. Displays are just displays.
    b) KODI (XBMC) app is a good option, as each Kodi would also run a Samba server and I could send the media I need to play to each one from one computer.
    c) I looked for digital photo frames, but they don't support any kind of networking, and the few ones I've found are as expensive as tablets.
    My questions are,

1) Is it fine if they are connected to power all day 24/7? Our local is opened 24hs. Should I take off their batteries?
    2) Would I have WiFi interference? (in order to send media to each Samba server). Consider they're almost next to each other (~0.5 meters).
    3) Are generic tablets just fine for this? I don't think I could buy such a great amount of Samsung Galaxy Tabs. In fact, I really don't need high-end tablets, I just need to run the slideshows. My only fear is the performance.
    02-13-2015 07:36 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Keeping them plugged in constantly shouldn't be a problem. Screen burn-in might be a consideration for devices with AMOLED screens, but if there's a slideshow that is constantly playing then presumably there wouldn't be a static image persisting on the screen for long enough to burn in.

The wi-fi signals shouldn't interfere with each other, but if they're all on the same local network, the overall speed of the network would probably slow down. This could lead to choppy slideshow performance.

I would stay away from generic/off-brand tablets. They might be cheap, but they're much more prone to failure or glitches. In my opinion, glitchy tech displays are highly detracting--it would not instill confidence in the customer/viewer.
    02-14-2015 12:33 AM
    thanks for replying! it helps on decision.
    02-14-2015 09:49 AM