Why is my battery life draining insanely fast?

A

AC Question

battery life is draining insanely fast

Hello. I recently bought a brand new cubot x9. Everything seems to be working smoothly except one major thing. The battery is draining unbelievably fast. I fully charge the phone, I take it off the charger and then about 30 minutes later it's at 80% battery. Battery usage statistics are as follows:
1. Cell standby - 28%
2. Wi-Fi - 26%
3. Phone idle - 19% (???)
4. Screen - 8% (brightness is at the minimum value)
5. Android System - 6%
6. Dialer - 4% (made 2 phone calls, around 2 minutes each)
7. Voice calls - 3% (what's the difference with #6?)
8. Blade Master - 3% (some game I played for about 3 minutes)

I am certain other people are having similar problems. I've read more than a couple threads in android central, but I didn't find someone with such a big problem.
Thank you in advance. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
battery life is draining insanely fast

Welcome.

The stats are fairly meaningless without usage time and screen-on time.

Use the device normally, then before you need to recharge, make a screenshot of your battery usage stats. Tap the graph to open it, and make a screenshot of that too, showing the signal and awakes history since last unplugging. Post the screenshots here. Tell us also your screen-on time, and brightness setting. From all that, we'll attempt a diagnosis. :)

Javarod

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
You too? In my case, just picked up a Cubot Note S (so far, so great), and while not as bad as yours, you can practically watch the battery level drop. This wouldn't be notable, ifn it didn't have a bigger battery than my last phone and I'm using both the same. I think Cubot is aware of the problem as they include Cleanmaster now, which amongst other things claims it can optimize your battery, but I haven't tried that yet, I'm always suspicious of such claims. I'll let you know ifn I find a reason/ solution.

Murph Spider

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue with a Cubot X9.

I have contacted Cubot and they said " Buy a new battery and see if that helps". Not at all helpful.

olmir

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
After 3 days of usage, my Cubot Note S batery drains within less then 5 hours. And that is with average usage.

Gonna resell it soon :(

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Re: battery life is draining insanely fast

Obviously some cheap Chinese batteries. Better find replacement ones made by some reputable company. I had some experience with crap batteries in the past. If the battery is inflated, the stop using it immediately in order to prevent galaxy note 7 style fires.

BayK

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
You got the bad battery. When I try to buy replacement battery, I always got like this. Those battery worked a day max.