Why is Android 10265 process killing my S7 edge battery

stealthnewt

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
My new Samsung Galaxy S7 edge was giving me great battery life till today when in noticed the battery is dying much quicker than before. I looked in battery and found a process from android called 10265 that is using up a lot of my battery apparently even when the phone is off. It says right now 80%.

I wanted to post a screencapture but for some reason I can't. I hope someone can help!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Numbers instead of app names usually mean apps that have already been uninstalled or, if on an SD card, that has stopped working because the card was unmounted.

Have you tried rebooting the phone?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it is for certain, but I have been told that numbered processes like that one represent apps that are no longer installed on the device and thus do not have a proper name. It is still using battery because it did not fully uninstall and left a process running in ram.

I would restart the phone and see if it drops off the list, never to return.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It wouldn't go away just from a reboot, but if there was some slowdown that would help. The process will drop out of the list, however, until you fully charge the phone so the battery consumption list gets repopulated. IF the process comes back after that, then it might be an app gone bad.