I think my Samsung Galaxy S5 is dying so I'm looking at options to replace it but I have criteria which might be hard to satisfy:

User-removable battery
    MicroSD card slot
    Infrared emitter (for remote control)
    Fingerprint scanner
    AMOLED screen (for lower power consumption when displaying black backgrounds)
    Phone case available with hidden compartment for bank cards (currently using Otterbox Commuter Wallet case; a soft case which is obviously a wallet is not okay)
    Not a Samsung phone (I don't like their history of price fixing and I'm still annoyed that they released a phone with an AMOLED screen and white backgrounds; they should have customised the theme to save power; I had to root the phone to achieve this)

I'm flexible on the AMOLED screen for a phone that meets my other needs. Does anyone know any candidates more powerful than the Galaxy S5 from, like, the last two or three years? Thanks!
    01-17-2019 08:03 AM
    The LG V20 is likely your best bet, but it doesn't have an AMOLED screen. I think it's the last flagship that came out with an IR Blaster, which was October 2016. It's also one of the last with a removable battery. It's my daily driver, and I think is still the best total package for a smartphone.
    01-17-2019 08:51 AM