What headset are you currently usnig??

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Depends on the usage. I have a Plantronics Voyager Legend for primary phone call usage. I have a Zolo Liberty+ and an Anker Soundbuds Surge for exercise. For use with my tablet I have Bluedio T2s Turbine headphones. All of those are Bluetooth.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Been using Skullcandy Ink's 2.0. i have like bunch of them. One I carry for the gym, spare in my gym bag, spare kept in my car, one in my work bag, one on my bedroom nightstand, one on the living room counter, one connected to my computer. Lol. Love not having to remember to charge it.

Just bought me a Skullcandy Crusher. Out of all the wireless ones this is my favorite.

Reactions: BEaRebel

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the

Anker Sound core Space A40's
Galaxy Buds 2

I'm probably going to upgrade my Buds 2 to the Buds Pro 2 as Samsung will offer $75 for trading them in. I'm still researching the differences between the two. Battery life isn't any better so I'm not quite sure yet.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Beats Studio Buds.. they've worked out good for me so far. Definitely not something I can recommend to everyone though.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
nothing ear 2
one plus pro 2
and Jabra Elite 10
Samsung buds pro 2
Nothing ear 2 died after a month, and one plus pro2 has really bad call quality so these 2 are NOW in the rubbish bin. I now use the Jabra Elite 10 and Galaxy buds 2 pro exclusively. Sound quality is amazing in both TWS, and connects awesome to the ZFLIP4, ZFOLD4 and the Moto RAZR+.
Previous to the buds 2 pro was using the buds 2 until one side died, love the sound quality of both of the above tws'.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Hey there audiophiles what's most important to you, best sound quality and so-so call quality? Or vice versa or both is important? I have found that using many wireless buds that some of them have great music quality but lacks good call quality! I do find it rare for a wireless ear buds brand to really offer the 2?

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey there audiophiles what's most important to you, best sound quality and so-so call quality? Or vice versa or both is important? I have found that using many wireless buds that some of them have great music quality but lacks good call quality! I do find it rare for a wireless ear buds brand to really offer the 2?
I usually don't wear earbuds when I'm making a call, so sound quality is more important to me. But my wife's business is all about calls, so call quality is much more important to her. I review products for the Amazon Vine and Best Buy Tech Insider programs, and whenever I review earbuds, I always test their call quality, and you're right -- even for really high end earbuds, call quality is often not that great. The best call quality I've found is with Pixel Buds (both the Pixel Buds 2nd gen and the Pixel Buds A) -- excellent sound as well as noise reduction from the mic. I recall testing Jabra Elite 75t earbuds a while back, and being shocked at how poor the call quality was despite online reviews recommending them as one of the best.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The two best pairs of earbuds (for sound) that I've gotten for review are the Technics EAH-AZ80 and the Devialet Gemini II. Sound quality is amazing, from rich bass to crisp mids and highs, and ANC is quite good (a bit better on the Technics).

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
I usually don't wear earbuds when I'm making a call, so sound quality is more important to me. But my wife's business is all about calls, so call quality is much more important to her. I review products for the Amazon Vine and Best Buy Tech Insider programs, and whenever I review earbuds, I always test their call quality, and you're right -- even for really high end earbuds, call quality is often not that great. The best call quality I've found is with Pixel Buds (both the Pixel Buds 2nd gen and the Pixel Buds A) -- excellent sound as well as noise reduction from the mic. I recall testing Jabra Elite 75t earbuds a while back, and being shocked at how poor the call quality was despite online reviews recommending them as one of the best.
Agreed JABRA has nailed the secret sauce. Ive used the 85t, elite 8, elite active 8 and now the elite 10. Call and sound quality has been excellent. I also find the Galaxy buds 2 pro are good too but works the best with Samsung devices. I had connectivity issues with the Moto RAZR+.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Ive never used the Pixel buds as 8 presumed they work better with Pixel devices? Is that true?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Agreed JABRA has nailed the secret sauce. Ive used the 85t, elite 8, elite active 8 and now the elite 10. Call and sound quality has been excellent. I also find the Galaxy buds 2 pro are good too but works the best with Samsung devices. I had connectivity issues with the Moto RAZR+.
So something must've improved after the Jabra Elite 75t, because those were the ones I had briefly, and their call quality was poor. Or maybe I just had a dud?

Reactions: AndroidFanboy8

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ive never used the Pixel buds as 8 presumed they work better with Pixel devices? Is that true?
It's been a while since I used Pixel Buds, but their sound and call quality will be the same regardless of the phone you use. But I think there might be a few exclusive features for Pixel phone users.

The main downside of Pixel Buds was hardware reliability. I had a pair of 2nd gen Pixel Buds, and although they sounded great, I think there was a problem with how one of the buds made contact in the case, such that sometimes it would stay connected to the phone even after placing in them in the case. I think this is what ultimately led to the battery in one of the buds to deteriorate much more than the other one. This connectivity issue seemed to be a commonly reported issue as well.

Reactions: AndroidFanboy8

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Yeah 75t to 85t was a huge jump in ANC and call quality. Curious was there ever any updates to the 75t to improve call quality? Never used them!

Reactions: B. Diddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781