Miles logged

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Quick update: At the end of week number two I have logged 89 miles so far. Pretty proud, but still working on finding ways to get a workout in on those longer work days.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I had a productive weekend. Over 15 miles with running, Cross training, and a little bit of biking in the last 2 days. Almost 8 miles was just in running. I prefer running but I have a hard time running on a treadmill for longer than 30 min. I get bored and start to look around and usually get close to falling off. :eek:

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
First day off in a while so I hit the bike and logged 9.86 miles in 1:02:26. Beat my best time by 2 minutes. I am going to try to do a lap of my walking route later.

ba_hamilton

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Last week I started a spinning class. That really kicks my butt!! Does anyone have any clue if I were to track miles what I would put down for my spinning time?

From past experience if you push it hard in spin class for an hour you can log 20 miles. But it's better to under state your milage. Log 15 miles and you're good.

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so ive been out of state on business for the last week and i thought it would be difficult to log any decent mileage as i have been working 12 hour days. So far ive been averaging about 6 miles a day walking. The end of my "month long fitness challenge" is coming up on sat. I started wanting to log 50 miles in a month abd so far im at 150. Not bad i guess

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Last year I was walking about 3.5 miles per day, right up until I broke my foot. :mad:

I'm finally healed and an up to walking 2 miles over my lunch hours (weather permitting) during the work week, and attempting to walk 3 miles both weekend days. I say attempting because I've had a nasty cold and had to scale it back a little recently.

January I did pretty good as that was my first month back to walking and I logged 24.5 miles. So far in February I'm at 22 miles.

I use Jog Tracker Pro to log my walks.

My running has been a bit sporadic lately. I was at the Embedded Linux Conference last week and this week I've been playing catch up.

I ran Tuesday: 5.41 miles in 48:43min - an avg pace of 9:00min.

My next run will probably be tomorrow.

- John

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
2 more days till the end of my month long workout. :) i am hoping to get in a good 10 mile bike ride tomorrow, but today im on 2 plane trips heading back home, so not to many miles will be logged today.

Joel S.

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I feel like I'm cheating...

I bike at least 31.5 miles every other day, but I'm skipping today due to flat out time constraints. Tomorrow is probably gonna be longer than 31.5. It works out to about 100-120+ miles a week.

In the next week or so I'm gonna bump that up a bit so I'm riding 5 days a week, probably gun for 150+ a week and go up from there.

DoubleNick

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Can I brag a little? Soon to be 69, I have been religiously logging my miles run since April 22, 1976. Current total 74,991 miles. I will rest on Saturday and run at least 10 miles on Sunday and celebrate going over 75,000 miles!! I am very grateful and honestly love running more now than I did years and years ago. I have completed 18 marathons(26.2 miles) and 11 ultra marathons(50+miles) and competed in 455races. I have coached hundreds of runners over the years and find most folks try to do too much, too soon, running too fast which normally results in overuse injuries and quitting running and becoming a member of the world's largest running club--"I use to run but,......club".
I would be open to giving running advice if any members are interested--- for free. A motto to think about: start easy,then back off. Oh, there is no finish line. Nick

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Can I brag a little? Soon to be 69, I have been religiously logging my miles run since April 22, 1976. Current total 74,991 miles. I will rest on Saturday and run at least 10 miles on Sunday and celebrate going over 75,000 miles!! I am very grateful and honestly love running more now than I did years and years ago. I have completed 18 marathons(26.2 miles) and 11 ultra marathons(50+miles) and competed in 455races. I have coached hundreds of runners over the years and find most folks try to do too much, too soon, running too fast which normally results in overuse injuries and quitting running and becoming a member of the world's largest running club--"I use to run but,......club".
I would be open to giving running advice if any members are interested--- for free. A motto to think about: start easy,then back off. Oh, there is no finish line. Nick

Very impressive. I have to laugh as the first thing that ran through my mind was the running scenes in the movie Forest Gump. :)

Have you done any Ragnar races?

Quick question......is running as hard on the knees as people make it out to be? Or is selecting the right running show a key factor?

Congrats on Sundays milestone!!!

DoubleNick

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Very impressive. I have to laugh as the first thing that ran through my mind was the running scenes in the movie Forest Gump. :)

Have you done any Ragnar races?

Quick question......is running as hard on the knees as people make it out to be? Or is selecting the right running show a key factor?

Congrats on Sundays milestone!!!

I was probably one of the few people who started crying when Forest stopped running. My wife made me leave the theater. For about a week every time I went out to run I thought about Forest and hoped I would never entertain the thought of not running. Never competed in any Ragnar(sp?) races.
The question I probably hear most often from people is "how are your knees?" My answer is they are as boney as they were in high school.
Avoiding running related injuries can best be summed up by slowing down on most runs, taking rest days, varying distance and effort on your runs, finding shoes that work for you, not putting too many miles on a pair of shoes-mileage will vary depending on your weight and running efficiency, which by the way will improve by making running a part of your life.

Last edited:
Reactions: RIMMAN

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I've been logging my miles with Nike+ for 2.5 years and so far I have 950 miles. I've got a long way to go before I hit 75k. Congrats.