Endomondo Tips and Helpful advice

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I just signed up and starting using Endomondo, mostly because I saw friends on Facebook using it. I so far only have used it for one hike thru the woods and a pick up basketball games workout. It was great on the hike, especially the mapping feature with the route I took. The map did not work out good on basketball, put it did give me a good idea of time and calories. I published my route thru the woods into the public forum on the website, as I used a not well used nature trail that I wanted more to know about. I have tried the auto pause/continue feature with not too much luck. It seems like the signal took a while to start it back up. Anyone else have the same issue?

xanthumn

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same issue with the autopasue/autoresume feature.

I have been only using Endomondo to track my daily 2 mile walk, pausing at stoplights is a plus :) Too bad it takes a while to realize that I am on the move once more.

anon(81073)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
My Endmondo Pro app has suddenly stopped tracking my location / progress. It's basically been reduced to a timer, now. Not sure what caused it. I haven't changed any of my settings or anything.

Otherwise, I did enjoy the application, and got a lot of use out of it, this month.

fathom39

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Good idea for an app and I like the integration and auto back uo with the web site. But they need to fix the time, distance, and calorie problems. I have a 2:20 actual time hike that consistently logs as 2:00 and I only stop along the way for less than ten minutes. Worse is the mileage counter which has logged distances of approximately five, seven, and mine miles each time I hike. My hike also has an elevation gain of 2000 feet and I get calorie burn estimates that fluctuate +/- 20 percent. I can't tell if it records more calories on the way up or down. Maybe the developers should spend more time fixing these problems than trying for super tight integration with social media. I don't like the how the app cajoles me to sign in via Facebook so that my friends can cheer me on. I just want to know how far I went how fast and how many calories were burned.
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

anon(81073)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't agree more. I wish that the application would focus more on stats, than stupid Facebook.

One of the factors that causes me to lust after the Galaxy Nexus is the inclusion of the barometer (which, in theory, would help in calculating your position). I look forward to the day when our phones can properly calculate calorie burn from increased incline and so forth.

I actually like the Facebook integration. I've had friends tell me they haven't seen me run in a while and are wondering what I'm doing. It provides a light accountability for me.

As for the distance - time recording variances. I think the problem is more due to GPS signal lock than the app itself. Other apps I've used had variation in their recordings as well.

- John

Joel S.

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Endo uses the GPS to track, I had issues with the GPS in my Fascinate locking properly, which lead to issues in Endomondo.

I use the autopause, and it's pretty good. Do remember, even with Runkeeper and other tracking apps, considering we're talking about phones that have all kinds of battery sucking stuff going on, they only ping the GPS a few times a second, if that (you can see it if you zoom WAY in), where as watches and stuff ping them much more frequently.

You take the good with the bad, I love Endomondo.

zak

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
... I have tried the auto pause/continue feature with not too much luck. It seems like the signal took a while to start it back up. Anyone else have the same issue?

For a while I was riding my bike to work (it just got to cold to do it in January and February) but part of my trip would take me under through tunnels going over multi lane roads where I'd often lose GPS. Usually it would start back up right away telling me it pause just as i'm coming out the other end and then it would start back up again.

njguy0414

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Can someone advise me about the in app volume? I use Endomondo while I ride my bike and I like to hear how long I've been riding. But I also listen to music. The music is fine, but when the Endo voice turns on to tell me my times, it's VERY low. Is there a way to fix this?

I have a Galaxy Nexus, and I used to use Cardio trainer. But it doesn't work very well with ICS. When it was reporting the times while playing music, it would break up and sound horrible. This is why I switched over to Endomondo.

Thanks for any help!

ChrisPemble

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I think the Endomondo app is great for my runs of 5km, but, when I have the radio on at the same time, Endo doesn't **** in with the 1km distances?