Hey everyone,

So I'm normally just watching from the sides lines and enjoying the site. But, back at the start of the month when there was the post about trying to lose weight and the tools that were going to use, there was a confluence of events in my life that said it was time lose some weight.

So I bought a fitbit (which I love) because I like graphs and stuff. Keeps me motivated. I also bought a nice scale that does weight, BMI, body muscle, body fat, body age, and visceral fat. On feb 4th I weighed in at 280lbs, since then I've lost 15 lbs, gone down 3% on body fat and 1 point on visceral fat.

I just wanted to say thanks for helping to inspire me and I hope everyone can stay on track and lose some weight.

-Bryan
    JediJesus95 likes this.
    02-22-2012 07:51 PM
    Nice job, dude!

I had a similar situation in life, that prompted me to do the same. Phil's post, especially, broke the fat camel's back, and I decided to stick to it.

For a little over a month, I've been doing some pretty hardcore working out. Lots of push-ups, sit-ups, squats and curls. I'm recovering from a pretty serious injury, so I'm trying to do low-impact stuff. So, speed-walking (yuck, I hate that term) for now, until I'm sure jogging won't permanently damage my body.

I've made similar progress to yours, but I can't know for sure; no money for a nice scale or fit bit. I can say, however, that most of my clothes are way too big now, and that I feel infinitely better and stronger. So, there's that?

Good luck to everyone. Don't give up on it. Just use your phone and your calendar app to keep track of everything. Stay honest, and don't cheat yourself.
    02-22-2012 08:21 PM
    I just logged into Endomondo. I signed up for the 100 miles in 100 days challenge. I was surprised to see I'm number 11 in the list. Whoohoo!

- John
    02-23-2012 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD