So Mr. Excuse (Phil) said part of the reason he's been slacking off is because of long days at the office. Fair, but still, we all know the saying about excuses.

Myself, I'm a bit of a "special" case in that I'm not losing weight, rather gaining muscle. Still, I work behind a computer most of the day, but being in an office, and being IT means I'm up walking around frequently. I also know of people who will go on 30 minute walks during lunch, or ride into/home from work.

Even when you're busy at the office, there are things you can do to burn a few calories here and there, so, what kind of things have people around here tried?
    02-23-2012 05:55 PM
    I like to get my running in before work, so I just get up a little bit earlier.

While I'm at work, I Sit on an exercise ball, which forces me to engage my abs and legs more than just sitting in a comfy chair. I also take the stairs whenever possible.

I also set a timer to go off every hour to remind me to get up and take a walk. Might not be much, but a quick five minute walk around the office is helpful.

Lately, I've found that I have to go from meeting to meeting, and they always seem to be on the other side of the campus.
    02-23-2012 09:02 PM
    I have mapped a 2 mile route at work that i can walk on my lunch, but i also started wearing a pedometer from when i leave the house in the morning till i sit down for diner at night just to see how much distance ive gone.
    02-24-2012 09:06 AM
    That's a great question.

I struggle with this - especially when I'm out of town teaching classes. Hotels have varying levels of exercise options from just about none to a full gym with multiple machines of each type. Some hotels are conveniently located in places where I can run outside. Sometimes the outside environment stinks for running - 6 lane roads with a stoplight every 1/4 mile.

My answer so far has been to just get up earlier and do something - be it push-ups/sit-ups etc that I can do in my hotel room, or outside running. But there are times when I'm just too tired out to get up earlier.

So, I'm very interested in hearing what others have come up with.

- John
    02-24-2012 12:27 PM
    its possible, you are the only one who can answer that since you know your schedule!
    02-27-2012 11:48 PM
    In a busy. it depends on what you do during a busy day. If you work at an office, walk during your breaks. Eat smaller meals, eat really small snacks between your meals. Chewing gum helps.

Get set mentally that what you are doing is working and it will working. A study showed two guys doing the same job, one was told it was a healthy job the other wasn't told anything. With similar diets and physical shape, the guy thinking it was doing good saw positive results. Believe that it can help and it will most likely help
    02-28-2012 12:04 PM
    pedometers help alot! i like the fitbit.

i agree tho gum helps stave off cravings and snacking (within reason) and healthy swapertunities (like the commercial for yoplait)

I walk my dog after work. i walk then run and alternate and find a rhythm that works for you

they say to get your heart rate up for approx 30 mins a day.

02-29-2012 01:09 PM
    I generally workout at the end of the day when I'm done with work and whatever other things I needed to get done. i usually have at least 2 hours before "bedtime" and my workouts only take about 45 minutes. also I workout on a 4 day split (mon, thu, thu, fri) so if I have to miss a day I can make it up on wendesday. so for me there is no excuse. it's all about picking or creating a routine that fits your schedule: )
    03-01-2012 04:35 PM
    Some people have difficult schedules and its understandable. I guess the biggest thing I see is that you have to want it, and want to change. I get up at 4:30 every day to work out before work, then sometimes if time permits ill throw in an a workout after leaving the office. That may not fit some peoples schedule obviously for specific reasons.

if you want it that bad you will find a way to do it/get there....same goes for life in general.
    03-02-2012 05:47 PM
    I play rummy online for refreshment. I play daily 20-30 minute on Games24x7.com, Rummy is a skill game not a gambling, In this game, none of the players know how much they would win or lose till the end of the game and this is what keeps everyone glued. The winner takes all the Cash in the end.
    03-06-2012 05:12 AM
    i done my work out after get up early in the morning...
    i do exercise for 30 mints and then go for walk 2 km,,,
    after that i do some push up...
    and then eat fruits and juices....
    03-09-2012 11:05 AM
    i done my work out after get up early in the morning...
    i do exercise for 30 mints and then go for walk 2 km,,,
    after that i do some push up...
    and then eat fruits and juices....
    San Diego Health Club
    03-10-2012 06:28 AM