While the fitness month is almost over it is not yet too late to share my experience:
    The GPS sensor in the (ATT&T) Samsung Galaxy and Infuse are not recommended for serious training.
    I used it and though I did run 3miles, just to find out that in a 3.1 mile race my phone was showing 4+ miles.
    Meaning I was undertrained.
    Noom is greeat for beginners that want to watch nutrition and workout.
    Trainingpeaks is way better, but due it's complexety more for the enthusiastic athlete or total nerd (I guss I am bit of both).
    Setting a target (signing up for race) is the most important thing to make you stick to an excersize plan.

Why do I know all this?
    In June 2010 I decided to leave the old me behind and make Tim2.0.
    From couch potato to running a half-marathon on 02/26/2012, I tested all kinds of gadgets, software etc.
    JediJesus95 likes this.
    02-24-2012 04:12 PM
    Tim,

Way to go on your half marathon. That's awesome!

So, what do you use for training if you're not using your Samsung Galaxy?

Thanks for the tips on the apps.

- John
    02-24-2012 04:31 PM
    My recommendation is to just get out there. Find someway to get some exercise and stick to it. It doesn't matter what it is. Martial arts, walking, running, workouts, treadmills with playing video games. Find a niche and stick to it. Its the easiest way to get started, find something you like and add a workout to it
    02-24-2012 10:21 PM
    Don't workout to lose weight. workout to get healthy, or workout to look better, or workout to earn that cheeseburger you about to eat. People get way too caught up in weight as a metric. If you workout with enough frequency eventually you'll get to a healthy weight.

Start slow if you don't workout at all. Want to jog for a mile? Go jog as far as you can at as comfortable a pace as you can go. once you get winded stop jogging and walk the rest of the way. If you do that 2-3 times a week you be jogging the entire way in no time. If you can't jog at all then walk the mile. Walking can be just as effective as running if done for a long enough time.

BUT ABOVE ALL like bdfull3r said above stick with it that's prob the best advice anyone can give.
    02-25-2012 03:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD