Marijuana and Hiking

Anjohl

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I bet I have your attention. I would consider myself rather conservative when it comes to drugs of any kind, including prescription and over the counter. I also have enjoyed an occaisional toke (as in single) 2-3 times a year.

Some background about me; I am very overweight, but oddly in shape. I am at about 350 pounds, and both fat and muscular. I powerlifted for several years, and have at least 90 pounds to lose. I am oddly in shape, in that one of my main hobbies is hiking. I have completed 25k, 19k, and several 10k hikes this year. I have incredible stamina, and have no knee, ankle, or back problems (knock on wood). I suppose my point is that I am atypical.

Out of the blue a month ago or so I just happened to be awake in the wee hours of the morning on my day off. I took the dogs, my pipe, and a bottle of diet dr pepper, and started out on the first 3k of a potential 19k hike. I often start out with the intention of doing the full 19, and end up doing just a portion, it is a cloverleaf hike, so there are three separate bailout points, as I park in the middle of the clover. This time, for only the second time ever, I did the entire walk. I had a hit on my pipe near the start, and was amazed at the energy boost it seemed to provide. I then proceeded to have another puff every 30 minutes or so. Please note that I mean a "puff" literally, as in, one single small-moderate inhalation.

I felt like I had found some arcane secret. I felt nimble, energized, lighter, and more enthusiastic. I walked faster, I burned more calories, and afterwards, I had virtually NO soreness of any kind.

Assuming that the fact that I was well rested, and/or the caffiene or other variables were contributing to the results, I tested again, at least 5 times. On these occasions, I was within my normal routine, so I feel the marijuana was more or less isolated as a variable. the effects definitely continued, and if anything, intensified.

I have noticed that the energy boosts are significant, to the point that I have at least 2-3 times the stamina, and get out of breath much less. I need shorter rests, and my agility is significantly enhanced. I literally danced across a set of embedded flagstones on a coastal hike last week, and back again, as if I was a tightrope walker.

What is causing this? My calories burned/hour, my overall pace, and the decrease in soreness have all increased incredibly. I am planning to consult with my doctor when I see him again, but until then, I plan on staying the course. I predict that this supplement could enable me to lose the weight I want gone within 1-2 years, safely, and gradually. I have also noticed an increase in overall restfulness at night, with less interruptions.

Please note, my consumption level is still very small. I use flakes of marijuana only as big as one big unpopped popcorn kernel, at a rate of 3-4 times/week. I cannot stress how marked the increases are. I feel like I am 100 pounds lighter, and I have context to that assertion, as I lost over 100 pounds within the last 6 years, but had a setback and gained most back, along with a lot of muscle.

I would love to hear from anyone else who has tried this, or has expertise on the matter.

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I am very overweight, but oddly in shape
No such thing.

I burned more calories
If you are trying to suggest that smoking pot helps to burn more calories then that is nonsense. There is no such study that shows this. In fact THC would most likely have the opposite effect. However one study has shown that people who smoke very little pot (it has to be a small amount) typically have smaller waistlines, but they don't yet know the trigger, or if the pot had anything to do with it. It will however give you around 16% lower fasting insulin levels.

pj228

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Double checked, still says Androidcentral.com, hasn't changed to stonercentral.com just yet.
Regards,
The Smart guy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Legalize

Sent from my Huawei u8650 using AC Forums mobile app

zyru8yqy.jpg

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2