Ive been using the S Health on my Galaxy S4 for two weeks now - for recording foods walking and exercise. I have been increasingly feeling it is not accurate so did some deliberate tests over the past few days... and it seems my feeling was right.

Ive looked up the calorie statements on the foods Ive been eating, and it looks like the S Health gives about a half to a third lower calories for everything - and Im a small person so really do not eat large portions!!

The walking mate is off too. I got 3km and a huge amount of steps on a day I didnt leave home.... and the next day when I walked for two hours with the S4 on me all the time I got just 3000 steps. And it was brisk walking, not small steps shopping...

Today I tested the Exercise mate. I ran for 30min. I used Runtastic and it said Id expended about 270 calories. I then put my 30min running in S Health - which awarded me over 800 calories burnt!!!!! I checked that my weight is correct in the settings 62kg and it was. I then checked a couple of general health web sites and they gave similar calorie estimates to Runtastic.

It seems S Health is totally off the mark with its calculations. Worse it tells you you are eating a lot less than what you probably actually are eating.. and it hugely overestimates the calories you burn through exercise. End result - you'll pile on weight when you think you are doing all the right things.

What is Samsung playing at...? When will this be fixed so that the app is actually worth using?

Ive
    07-03-2013 06:32 PM
    I didn't notice the food being off but when I entered all my stats. It told my I could lose weight and get in shape with the intake of 3000 calories. I ditched that app for MyFitnessPal for that reason alone.
    08-15-2014 11:58 AM
    That's really disappointing. I'm working on a fitness app myself and I know how difficult it can be to calculate these stats and the importance of getting them right so you can maintain your users' confidence in your product.
    10-10-2014 09:12 PM