Martial Arts

MrC05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for a workout tracker for my karate practice. I'm looking for something I could use to track Kata along with the calisthenics we do during class. Possibly time on the heavy bag.

Would any one have any suggestions as to which app I can use to track this?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you want to enter times in a log type situation, have an interface to select what you're doing and have it track it or have the device identify what you're doing and log it automatically?

Tomcat31b

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Runtastic do a range of fitness and workout apps, that may do what you need. I've been using the runtastic pro app for over a year now and they are always adding activities to it. They also do a range of apps for things like situps, pushup etc.

Posted via Android Central App

MrC05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
When i was using my Blackberry Playbook, I had an app called the Blackbelt Workout Tracker. I was good bc I was able to log all of my calisthenics and Kata's.

In response to Darth Spocks question, I'm looking for either of the scenario's you mentioned.

In response to Tomcat, I currently use Runtastic and it's great for my other workouts but not for Martial Arts specifically. I can't make the log say what I want. Like which Kata I practiced or Which weapons I worked out with. it doesn't give me the option to say how long I was on the heavy bag or shadow boxed. It would be nice if I could add them to Runtastic (I would be happy) but I can't or don't know how.

Even if you can suggest a workout app where I can build the logs myself specifically to the way I want it and name the workouts.

Let me know what you have.. I'm still new to the Android world of apps and it's a bit overwhelming with the amount of apps there are. I'm sure there's something out there that can satisfy what i need.

MrC05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
OK. Since I've gotten no replies and cannot find an app to satisfy what I'm looking for, are there any developers out there that would be willing to partner up with me to make one?

Posted via Android Central App

MrC05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Looking for a Developer that will build me a martial arts specific workout app

Hello,
I've been searching for a developer that will build a martial art specific work out application. So far i've found nothing that exists in the Playstore to my liking. Back when i was using Blackberry, there was an app the was good and was developed to run the then Android runtime OS on the Blackberry Z10 and Playbook. Funny thing was, the developer never developed it to run on an actual android phone? (Still haven't figured that one out).

When i moved to Android, I contacted him to see if I would be able to use this on an android. He advised that it's an .APK file and it should be able to work. It didn't work the same as it did on my Blackberry. I contacted him again and tried to get him to fix it. He advised that he's not developing anymore and gave me the .APK file to do what i wanted.

I've been sitting on this file for over a year. Since I have no app developing skills, I'm now looking for someone that would be able to work with me in rebuilding this app to my liking and hopefully to the liking of other Martial Artists. A Martial Arts specific workout app is something that's lacking in the playstore and I'm sure that I'm not the only one that's looking for one.

If you're interested in helping me build this app, please contact me via email and we can discuss what I'm looking for and if it would be something you would be interested in getting into.

lullabyss

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Wow - what a task to do, are u really into this, never met anyone before in trying to do so. Martial Arts have a huge fanbase and I think there is a lot in that to develop that and bring it on - so hope you will find someone to help you with that one.

MrC05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Wow - what a task to do, are u really into this, never met anyone before in trying to do so. Martial Arts have a huge fanbase and I think there is a lot in that to develop that and bring it on - so hope you will find someone to help you with that one.
I hope so too. I haven't gotten anything back from anyone yet. It's looking like I may have to pay for some developing classes and do this on my own.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1