Favorite fitness apps?

tony_clark01

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

Topics related to fitness has always been my favourite one. Below are a list of the top fitness and exercise apps for people who look for being fit but are confused on to which Application they should rely on.

Best Fitness and Exercise Apps of 2018

1. Fitbit
  2. Couch to 5K
  3. MapMyRun
  4. Fitness Buddy
  5. BodySpace
  6. JEFIT
  7. Runkeeper
  8. UP
  9. Fitbit Coach
  10. Spring
  11. Charity Miles
  12. 5F
  13. My Fitness
  14. MyFitnessPal
  15. 10K Runner
  16. iSmoothRun
  17. Runtastic
  18. SparkPeople
  19. FatSecret
  20. Fooducate
  21. Noom Coach
  22. AllTrails
  23. PeakFinder
  24. Seven
  25. 7 Minute Workout
  26. Sworkit
  27. WODster
  28. WOD Log
  29. WOD Roulette

Personally if you ask me i like to use MyFitnessPal, 10K Runner, 7 Minute Workout. These apps are the best in this category

Cheers

imtanvisharma

Jan 3, 2019
Visit site
If you are looking for paid app then go for Cure fit app as here you will not only get the best exercises and fitness advice according to your body needs but also get the healthy food as well. Right exercise and right food is the best way to get the healthy body.
Those you don't want to waste money on fitness app then they can use the Nike app that provides the exercises videos so you can able to do those exercises perfectly. I also use this app to learn the basic exercises to burn my tummy fat.

tpjoynt

Mar 9, 2019
Visit site
I use:

Runkeeper for running - I've had it for a long time, works well. I might give strava a try someday.
Keep for workouts - I pin some templates for workouts / different splits, then make a new note for each workout. It's a bit cumbersome, but I found weight lifting apps to be too rigid. Sometimes I just want to do a back workout and use what machines are available (my gym gets pretty busy).
For food logging, I found most of the apps too "busy". The closest to what I would like would be something like BiteSnap, but not even for the ML image logging, just for the simplicity.

I actually built a food logging app called Hol, which is meant to be simple, and focus on what foods keep you more full:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hol

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been a My Fitness Pal app guy for a while now.
Interested in free alternatives though

Depends on what you're looking for. If it's food tracking, MyNetDiary has a good free app with an option to upgrade for full features.

If you're looking for fitness, Workout Trainer by Skimble is free with a couple different upgrade options. Also has the companion app for your Samsung watch. I have the S3 and it works perfectly with the app.

Carlmeyer

Aug 29, 2019
Visit site
I like MyFitnessPal it's great for calorie counting but the format isn't great for meal ideas etc. Anyone know of any apps that give ideas for healthy meals?

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I know MyFitnessPal is a big one, but you really should look at mynetdiary. It makes MFP look stale, at least the last time I used it. And no, I do not work for MND, lol. I'm using the free version and it does what I need.
Yeah, I don't really use MFP to its fullest. My family is connected there together, and we use it to motivate each other. I don't use it to track my meals or anything or any of their other services. My go-to is the Polar app, which sends my workouts to MFP. I'll look into MND though. Thanks for the suggestion.