SImple question. is this Honor 5x a good upgrade for someone with a Galaxy S3?

A

AC Question

I dont need top of the line stuff. just decent speeds for youtube/games (i am fine with the S3 speeds for frame of reference), and a bit better camera.

also will Nova make it feel more like regular android? not a fan of the funky interface.

if you had to put it in the Galaxy S family in terms of tech/performance would it fall somewhere in between the S4 and S5 or S5 and S6?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't have an S3, but the Honor 5X is very good for its price. In-app performance is quick (although system animations and transitions can sometimes be a little sluggish). The screen is excellent, and battery life is impressive. Camera for me has been mediocre, though. Nova will make any device feel more stock.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Games should be fine. However there are lots of small slow downs in the system in general and multi tasking. S3 had these too so it shouldn't be a big deal for you. I would say camera is better too.

CP414

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Definitely, but even then EMUI is still a mess, I'm not sure how bad it is compared to 2012 Touchwiz

Posted via the Android Central App