Android Nougat for the Honor 5X

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
What do you think is the likelihood of a Nougat update for the Honor 5X?
Is there a possibility of a "Nexus" mode for stock Android?
What Nougat feature are you most looking forward to?

Voice your opinion!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
What do you think is the likelihood of a Nougat update for the Honor 5X?
Is there a possibility of a "Nexus" mode for stock Android?
What Nougat feature are you most looking forward to?

Voice your opinion!
Nexus mode is unlikely.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, EMUI 5 is supposed to towards more stock Android, so we'll see. It took a while for the 5X to get 6.0... July I believe... Hopefully they get 7 on it before next summer.

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Well, EMUI 5 is supposed to towards more stock Android, so we'll see. It took a while for the 5X to get 6.0... July I believe... Hopefully they get 7 on it before next summer.
I'm beta testing for the 5X, and there's been no word on N

ydobon8649

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
It will be a cold day in Hades when the Honor 5x receives the nougat upgrade.

Honor is tends to be several fries short of a Happy Meal, a dim star as in not to bright, several cards short of a full deck, etc, etc .

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
It will be a cold day in Hades when the Honor 5x receives the nougat upgrade.

Honor is tends to be several fries short of a Happy Meal, a dim star as in not to bright, several cards short of a full deck, etc, etc .
Actually, N has now been publicly confirmed.

ydobon8649

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
it will still be cold day in Hades before the Honor 5C ever is updated to Nougat.

Currently logins are all screwed up on hihonor.com

Try to login to to the US community pages and you are forced to login to India.

Huawei needs to get their act together. RIght now it is a sad joke.

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
it will still be cold day in Hades before the Honor 5C ever is updated to Nougat.

Currently logins are all screwed up on hihonor.com

Try to login to to the US community pages and you are forced to login to India.

Huawei needs to get their act together. RIght now it is a sad joke.
Indeed.

awesom9

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Hey Joe, I was reading your posts back from the end of 2014 thru Jan 2015 regarding the Custom Lock that was on your phone. I have the same issue plus the phone turns of and on constantly. I've replaced the battery twice. The phone gets incredibly hot. Mostly I can't even get it to turn back on. It's basically unusable. I bought it 5 months ago from Best Buy. Of course they think I downloaded something to make it Custom or what you guys call rooting. I never knew what rooting was until I came to this site. I don't want it to be rooted because I'd like the opportunity for Samsung to replace it. Sometimes I can get it up and running - so is there something I can download to fix this. Best Buy said to maybe download the original software by getting it from the internet. I have reset it to factory already or so I think I have. It's a Samsung S5. Wondering if you ever found a fix. Please help!!! Thanks. Sorry for posting this here, but I see you've been to this forum recently and I'm not sure how to use this site.

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Hey Joe, I was reading your posts back from the end of 2014 thru Jan 2015 regarding the Custom Lock that was on your phone. I have the same issue plus the phone turns of and on constantly. I've replaced the battery twice. The phone gets incredibly hot. Mostly I can't even get it to turn back on. It's basically unusable. I bought it 5 months ago from Best Buy. Of course they think I downloaded something to make it Custom or what you guys call rooting. I never knew what rooting was until I came to this site. I don't want it to be rooted because I'd like the opportunity for Samsung to replace it. Sometimes I can get it up and running - so is there something I can download to fix this. Best Buy said to maybe download the original software by getting it from the internet. I have reset it to factory already or so I think I have. It's a Samsung S5. Wondering if you ever found a fix. Please help!!! Thanks. Sorry for posting this here, but I see you've been to this forum recently and I'm not sure how to use this site.
Are you referring to the Honor 5X? It wasn't even released in 2014.