When is nougat or emui 5 coming to honor 5x oficially?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! My 5X never got any official updates. It's still stuck on the 5/2016 security patch. I think Huawei abandoned the phone.

Reg Joo

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
They satisfied their 2 year of upgrade responsibility by releasing a maintenance update at the end of last year. The only way nougat gets on this phone, is putting a custom rom on it now. I have 7.1.2 on it now.

SolarBear28

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Nougat came out less than 1 year after the 5X was released. Honor promised 2 years of updates. If it doesn't get Nougat that's pretty disappointing.

LikesCookies

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i would only recommend this to those who are technically capable

Well, I'm technically capable - I've been working with computers since 1968 and professionally since 1974 - but everyone makes mistakes and this process, it seems to me, is fraught with possibilities of mistakes.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm technically capable - I've been working with computers since 1968 and professionally since 1974 - but everyone makes mistakes and this process, it seems to me, is fraught with possibilities of mistakes.

Of course. Rooting is hacking... You are doing something that the manufacturer didn't want to allow in the first place. So there are risks involved

rhapdog

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Of course. Rooting is hacking... You are doing something that the manufacturer didn't want to allow in the first place. So there are risks involved
Yes, there are definitely risks involved. However, if you can afford to go out and replace the phone you just bought so easily, and you feel adventurous, then you might want to try it. However, if you can afford to go out and replace the phone immediately after buying it, you likely bought a more expensive phone. Yeah, if you bought the 5X, it was most likely the best you could afford to spend on your budget.

I'm one of the people who feel adventurous and like to take risks. I was willing to settle for a crappy phone on the chance I could make the one I had better. I'm loving Nougat 7.1.2. Getting away from the Huawei firmware has made my phone fast, reliable, smooth, and capable. Something it never quite was before. I'm happy with the risk, but I've rooted and flashed other phones and am ready for the adventure and risk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante